Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know this will come as a surprise to my NC buddies,..and sorry it is such short notice,....but I am in the process of packing a cpl trucks and getting ready to move to PA (State College area) at first!

I will miss the nice roads here in NC and especially the cool peeps I hve met here and rode with (YB) but I will be coming back for visits,.you can rest assured on that!

My whole famiily is in PA and my Dad is in his last few years.and i wanna be close during that time!..........Plus I lived in PA for near 13 years and do have alot of old friends there....and hope to make even more new ones!!

So all you PA guys,.sound off and once i get up there..lets ride!!....I will be visiting Allentown, Downingtown, and the Poconos also!.............
dont know how far State College is from Pittsburg,........but I would def be willing to ride out there too!................you Pa guys have to show me where all the good roads are!.hahahah

PA HERE I COME BABY!!!......I JUST DREAD THE SNOW.......but will prob get a 4wheeler for the fun in the winter!.hahaha.that way.i CAN ride year round!!:thumbsup:

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
W....T....F.....cant say i blame you for the reasons. stay in touch a$$hole, hit me up and L and i will have to roadtrip it up and see ya!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I call ya when I get to PA yb!.........we'll have to plan a get up at the dragon in the fall.........i am not afraid to pack up a trailer and come down for a few days bro!!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahah.I didnt know ya were online!!..........yeh.......I gotta do it for the fam!..plus the job situation isnt looking good here!!

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i wish you the best man! you got my number, dont hesitate to holla if ya need ANYTHING!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will def be in touch man!!........Im gonna miss NC.........but I can always visit......and def will.......I just dont wanna be so far away when i get the phone call..ya know?..........

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
got a spare room and basement for the scooter too! alien10 used it last year. btw,we are trying to plan a trip up to see them this fall, we try to stop by and chill with you in pa too!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wish you the best man! you got my number, dont hesitate to holla if ya need ANYTHING!
I do,...and you have def been an awesome friend!.you hve helped me in many ways!........you know what im talkin bout!....and i will def be in touch!!
Keep safe and vest up bro!..things be gettin crazy lately!!

I will try and log on tonight when i stop at the Marriott!!..:thumbsup:

Cant wait to walk these pitbulls into the hotel!.hahahaha

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
I hope the move works out for you!!! GL in PA

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got a spare room and basement for the scooter too! alien10 used it last year. btw,we are trying to plan a trip up to see them this fall, we try to stop by and chill with you in pa too!
AWESOME..I wouldnt miss it!!...............I holla at ya later this eve,.......still have soooooooooooooo much to do before i roll out!.........be well BIG PIMPIN!!!.......I be on later tonight!..ALL you PA guys.hit me up..........I GOTTA KNOW where the good roads are!.hahaha...I dont wanna go into withdrawl!...hahahaha...L8ter..............Russ

·
Registered
153 Posts
i live about 30 mins from pittsburgh. i do the off road thing too so if your around get at me and we will do something.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Moving huh. Got some Facebook crazy stalking yer ass? Good luck man, I'm sure I understand why. You gonna go back to finger painting or you find another shop that wants ya? Good luck man. An I'm back on........

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
I'm gonna try to get up to State College before it gets too cold! I'm thinkin sometime in Aug or early sept? It's been almost 3yrs since I last been up there! It's a sweet ride up there from where I'm at! Maybe we can link up? :dontknow:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Pennsylvania too!

As soon as I'm done with the Navy, I'm moving back to PA. Same reasons (my Dad will never languish in a nursing home - he's healthy now, thankfully) and then there's more. Over the past 20+ years I have lived all over the country and even in different countries for a time. And, I'll tell you, there's something about Pennsylvania. When I go to visit, it feels like a land time forgot. A little urban sprawl around the cities, but it doesn't take long to get out in the country side.

I recommend the road from State College down to Harrisburg along that whitewater river (Susquehannah I think) in late summer as one of the finest bike riding roads in the USA. I've been many places: from Pittsburgh to Key West to Los Angeles to Western Canada to Connecticut (all over many years mind you) and that road from State College south has to be one of if not THE most scenic ever.

Enjoy!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Oo0oh tell me the name of this scenic road you speak of? B/c I just normally take 322 west up an back. And I love it! Very scenic! But if it can get better than that, I would love to know about it!

As soon as I'm done with the Navy, I'm moving back to PA. Same reasons (my Dad will never languish in a nursing home - he's healthy now, thankfully) and then there's more. Over the past 20+ years I have lived all over the country and even in different countries for a time. And, I'll tell you, there's something about Pennsylvania. When I go to visit, it feels like a land time forgot. A little urban sprawl around the cities, but it doesn't take long to get out in the country side.

I recommend the road from State College down to Harrisburg along that whitewater river (Susquehannah I think) in late summer as one of the finest bike riding roads in the USA. I've been many places: from Pittsburgh to Key West to Los Angeles to Western Canada to Connecticut (all over many years mind you) and that road from State College south has to be one of if not THE most scenic ever.

Enjoy!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
I just checked google maps an it looks like the susquehannah river goes up to watsontown? That's outta the way of State College....:dontknow:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Duncannon

Yes, it's where 322/22 join up with 15/11 near Duncannon. Ah, the whole road is beautiful in late summer. Stop at the State College Creamery for some of the BEST ice cream you've ever had. Then head South.

The Susquehannah River flows into Chesapeake Bay; if you want to follow it all the way.

PS. Look on any bottle label you buy at the store. Most will say, "Inspected by Penna. Dept. of Agriculture." Pennsylvania, somehow, has become the Gold Standard for agricultural produce. Maybe the Amish have something to do with that . . . hmmmmm!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
awesome info!.thanks!!....I am down to ride almost anytime!!.......I have gotten the "moving" done........now it is just unpacking and getting settled in and finding my way around this area!.........seems like I see harleys all over this place!......bummer!.hahah.....jk,............it will give me entertainment value if nothing else!.hahah.....but I DO see alot of open straights where I can open the valve on this bottle and have some fun..........just a lil worried about the deer!..........I remember seeing alot of dead deer on the side of the roads last time I lived up this way!........and we all know what they will do to a rider at 150+.......ewwwgh!.anyway......I will post up some more later.........I gotta get unpacked.......thanks for the info Piper...and def hit me up Zig if you gonna be near anytime soon........like I said...........Im always down!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i live about 30 mins from pittsburgh. i do the off road thing too so if your around get at me and we will do something.
:thumbsup:.....just let me know when ya gonna be up this way!.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts