Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
^ thats true too. LA has a tonnnnn of sports life goin on. Even though Raiders left, man you see Raider Nation all over the place! You would almost swear they are still here.
That's why there is still no Football in LA.....LA wants the Raiders if not they don't care about Football Raiders or forget it...the NFL is embarrassed one of the biggest Sport Cities has NO Football but they can't just shove some team down in LA we have to many other things to do and love like the Lakers and Dodgers, Angels, Kings and some of the best College Sports too....the RAMs had to leave LA because the Raider Nation love was so strong the RAMs lost support...not for me though I still support them to this day. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
lol thats the one sport that people in LA are partly divided on is football. Just about everyone in LA is a Lakers, Dodgers, Kings or Clippers fan. Not football though. Personally Im a Baltimore fan. My brother is a Green Bay fan. I know a bunch of Raiders fans, but also a ton of other teams too. Just about everyone is knee deep into their sports though, dont matter which one or which team though.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
And the best part about it your 9.2s is worth 9.6s now :heyyou: j/m :lol: I have no idea just that many on the west coast think the anything east of cali have better faster tracks :dontknow:

I haven't lived in LA for a long time but I go there often I was born and raised there all my immediate family is there and the family tree goes to roots when there was still dirt roads in downtown LA :wink:

For me growing up there it was like being in Disney Land ever day oh and we have that too :lol: If your board in LA then something is wrong to much to do and see, in fact I will be down there next week riding the bike down there witch brings me to my next point. A bike in LA is a must for me I get very frustrated with any kind of traffic I need to be moving always, then there is the must needed easy parking, cruising down the beaches with your bike is fun, the mountains near by too. I am just so glad I grew up there. :cool: Also at your age(and happy early B-Day) is a great time if your active for me much older I do like coming back to Sacramento where it's not as active to just relax after visiting LA guess that show my age :badteeth::lol:

Anyway I hope you do come down and if you do Madness will hook you up to come my way to Sacramento to race he visits all the time. :thumbsup:

bloo
Thanks a lot Bloo! I am excited and really nervous at the same time. I think my buddy found a 3 BDR place in like West Hollywood or something for like 2300 a month. I don't have much money at all but he said I wouldn't be paying anymore thna i am here for rent. So its definitely worth a try. I mean if all else fails I'll just move back home ya know.. :eek:ccasion1

Are you dead set on LA? I grew up there and honestly was never a fan. I live in the Inland Empire now, Rancho Cucamonga to be exact. I love it here. It's not far from LA and the beaches, but it's far less congested with the traffic nightmare. The cost to rent/own is far less here also.
Yeah the only reason I am moving there is because I have a friend that lives there and i'm moving out there with a buddy as well..

I have lived in SoCal pretty much all my life. The weather is awsome. Its true it gets hot in the summer, but ther is no humidity. And its not relentless heat like Arizona and Nevada.

I don't know what type of riding your into. If your into trackdays "welcome to heaven"

I have ridden these tracks, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca, Thunder Hills, California speedway, and not to far is Las Vegas motor speedway, and my favorite Spring Mountain motorsports ranch in Pahrump Nevada.

If you into drag racing its a bit slimmer. I have dragged at Formosa, Los Angeles County racway(Closed) I also here they do drags at California Speedway. There may be a strip in Orange county as well.

If you like the street twistys there are plenty. CHP are ruthless down here so be aware.

If you plan on driving to work by motorcycle lane sharing is legal!

California is a non Business friendly state. I have worked computer hardware service for the last 29 years and most of the big data centers have moved out of state.

If you have a job lined up ahead of time, and a room to rent. You should be fine.

Good luck and call me if you have any questions. I am also educated with NOCal(lived there for ten years)

Chris
Thanks Chris. I'm pretty much into everything, although I am setting my bike up for the strip now. It'll still be my daily rider but its gonna be 10 over. lol but I do still have my stock arm:wink: May have to put all that back on saometime.. I just wanna try it!

BG!!! DUDE!!!! Thats awesome. I didnt read the whole thread. Man, we can hit the strip up together and all that. Let me tell you, LA is AWESOME!! I love the place. Do you have any area in mind specifically? There are a lot of rich places and a lot of poor places throughout the county. Its a great place though, people think a lot differently than the rest of the US though. Youre going to get a lot of liberal crazy out here, and there is plenty of openmindedness to go around, but as much of closemindedness to equal it. People dont have the "yes sir/ma'am, no sir/ma'am" attitude though compared to the South or the MidWest that Ive found. Youll meet some of the strangest people you ever will in some parts of LA.

Lane splitting is legal here. Have fun and be careful with it. People are stupid here and I have had an instance where someone intentionally tried to take me out when I was lanesplitting in standstill traffic. People barely stop to make a right turn against red lights or at stop signs. They also will blow a yellow that is turning red when they enter an intersection to make the light. Youre gonna get cutoff a lot too, probably just as many people swearing and flipping you the bird as you will people telling you to wheelie.

It comes bad with good, but its where Im from and I love LA. I wouldnt want anywhere else to live. You get to ride year 'round WITHOUT rain or crazy cold. We got the crazy mountains for twists and turns, we got some drag strips (1/8mi only for the moment) close and some far. Desert to the beaches to the forests dude. You can surf in the morning, snowboard in the afternoon and go drag racing at night in the same day. Not too many places like it. Youre just gonna have to get used to the attitude change and that there are going to be a LOT of people EVERYWHERE. All the time. A lot of cars. People on the streets. People in stores or restraunts. Compared to the rest of the country, LA has a population density that is somewhere in the neighborhood of 400x the average for the US.

Crips and Bloods still exist, just saying. You dont have too worry too much about that if youre not gonna be in Downtown or South Central though. Crips blue, Bloods red just in case you didnt know. The rest of LA county is chillin' though.

There really is everything to do in this city dude. Hell, you get the Rose Bowl after the Rose Parade on New Year's Day. Camp out in Pasadena (thats where Im from) all night. Everyone is on Colorado Blvd, camp fires, egg cars, wander the streets. Its awesome!

Let me know if/when youre going to be around. I know Static was going to setup a 10R of LA type list so we could all go ride and hit up the bike nights and everything together over Summer. Id be glad to show you around everything whatnot.

And yes, I know I sound like a fucking commercial, but I love the city Im from.
Hell yeah!! I'm ready!! I need to save up a little money first, so I can have a little time to get some money. My buddy is and has always been a hustler.. Used to be in the illegal way, but we've both retired a long time ago. But he always finds a way to make money. Really he's gonna do whatever he can to get me there with him. He has a big thing about to happen where he is gonna make a ton of money, just have to be patient for now.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That's why there is still no Football in LA.....LA wants the Raiders if not they don't care about Football Raiders or forget it...the NFL is embarrassed one of the biggest Sport Cities has NO Football but they can't just shove some team down in LA we have to many other things to do and love like the Lakers and Dodgers, Angels, Kings and some of the best College Sports too....the RAMs had to leave LA because the Raider Nation love was so strong the RAMs lost support...not for me though I still support them to this day. :mrgreen:
I like everything! I played competitive hockey in and just after highschool. Grew up with season tickets to the Steelers. But now with Oklahoma, I just need to get out and experience life. I've been here and have always been afraid to leave all my friends because I swear I know EVERYONE!! I can't go somewhere without meeting someone that either knows who I am or knows a friend. And this last year so many of my friends turned out to not be just that. Like I said i'm almost 30. And if I am ever gonna get out and try something this is my chance. All of my family has left me here at one point. Dad lives in Arkansas, mom lived in Indiana, and Brother in Dallas. Its time I try something new. I mean I know it WILL be a struggle. BUT What if I go out there and actually make something of myself ya know....

41 - 44 of 44 Posts