Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I take my daughter and two neighbor girls to see G-Force in 3D. I'll refrain from commenting on the actual movie. However, the price for the four of us plus a large popcorn and 4 drinks came to a whopping 80 frggin bucks!

How is that even legit? How can the theaters get away with charging so much? Is there something that can be done? I for one will wait until movies are out on DVD from now on.

No wonder movies seem to break records when they bring in the highest grossing score. $10 a ticket? Hmm...I remember when $10 got you the ticket, food, and a couple bucks for the arcade.

Okay, I'm done venting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I stay away from the food at the theater, adds up too quick. We just saw Funny People last night at AMC theaters and tickets were $17 for the two of us. But I know what you mean, trying to bring a bunch of kids, who are going to want popcorn and drinks adds big time. Hopefully they at least enjoyed it

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
when we go to the theatre 2 people I use the kiosk and use my student discount (if your not a student this still works) 2 tickets 2 soda's and 1 popcorn $21 or so

·
Registered
241 Posts
next time get a man purse and a 2 liter with some candy from walmart lol no one will ask you to look in your man purse

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
next time get a man purse and a 2 liter with some candy from walmart lol no one will ask you to look in your man purse
Man purse sounds so offensive and feminine, try these:
"European Carry-All" (Seinfeld reference)
"satchel" (sounds much more manly huh?)
or just use your wife's/girlfriend's purse.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
thats no shit. my wife and i were talking about that this past weekend. we went to dinner (chilies) and then to a movie and spent 75 bucks. whatever happened to dinner and a movie being the cheap date?

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
depend on the girl, But sometimes i take them to a drive in. Beer, pizza. Can't beat it. plus you don't have to listen to that jackass who always telling people on what going to happen next.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
I went to the movies with 2 free tickets, and a free popcorn and drink, and it still cost me 12 bucks :headshake:

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
So I take my daughter and two neighbor girls to see G-Force in 3D. I'll refrain from commenting on the actual movie. However, the price for the four of us plus a large popcorn and 4 drinks came to a whopping 80 frggin bucks!

How is that even legit? How can the theaters get away with charging so much? Is there something that can be done? I for one will wait until movies are out on DVD from now on.

No wonder movies seem to break records when they bring in the highest grossing score. $10 a ticket? Hmm...I remember when $10 got you the ticket, food, and a couple bucks for the arcade.

Okay, I'm done venting.
I take my son, and its like $25.00 to get in and then the popcorn and drink is another $17.00, which I have no idea how a pop that cost the theatre next to nothing for they to buy and then you got the popcorn, that if you think how much popcorn you can buy for $10.00 at the grocery store could feed a classroom of kids.
And then before we leave the theatre they have the video arcade which you play some games and you get tickets after you win each game, which I might add the last time we were there we bought $20.00 worth of tokens to play the games and at the end when he took his credits up to the girl to get his prize, he came away with a $2.00 yoyo and a pencil. So I hear ya about the theatre...dont know how they can do it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts