Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

It seems I have a mouse in the house that's been chewing on some wires within my gen 2… specifically the wires that lead to the sub throttle valve assembly

The little critter chewed off one of the wires very close to the actuator and I'm not sure if I'll be able To solder it back together.

So here's my dilemma;

From what I understand I have to replace the entire throttle body Because the sub throttle valve assembly is not available as a separate part

Can someone kindly tell me if it's beneficial in any way to go with a newer model throttle body…

My understanding is these actuators can fail and I don't want to keep purchasing throttle bodies only to essentially have the same problem.

I've read a few of the post where you can eliminate the sub throttle valve assembly… But that's not really an option for me because I've been trained to respect and work within the engineers design.

A couple of last thought… I have not removed the throttle bodies as of yet I have followed the instructions via the service manual But…I can't seem to budge throttle body unit…

Lastly, anyone have any tips or tricks concerning replacing the thermostat

Thanks again for your advice and consideration.

Regards,

F-18

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello scout,

Thanks for the heads up, but the mouse was in the former owners house… LOL

·
Registered
299 Posts
used 06-07 throttle body sub wiring harness on ebay for $9.00 TYD, includes wiring and plugs to main and sub throttle tps's/injectors/secondary flie actuator. simple to plug up and fix ur problem. after loosening throttle body clamps common for throttle bodies to be very tight coming out and going back on. may have to pry loose using valve cover as pivot, little oil helps going back on. easier to replace thermostat with tb's removed. 10mm socket on nut at bottom of water pump to drain coolant before breaking thermostat housing loose. rubber o ring seal on that housing so gasket should not be a problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello gaz,

It's very nice to make your acquaintance.

Thank you for the tips and tricks

Regards,

F-18

1 - 5 of 5 Posts