Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got my 10R a couple weeks ago (came rashed and without any plastics) and imported it into canada and finally got the flipping paperwork to register it, WOOO! after a federal inspection... which i have to have turn signals for. no biggie cause i got some flush mount signals with the bike, only when i went to put them on today i was like where the heck do these things go?

so after some reading around on the forums i have come to the conclusion that i need some plastics to mount these correct?

These are the signals that i have

and this is my bike (well they're all mine...)

so anybody have any ideas to get these on without plastics?
and i'd like something fairly quick and dirty as i want to get this thing inspected tomorrow or saturday so i can register it and ride it, and work on my other bike (the black one needs some carb and clutch work and is my mode of transportation at the moment, so i need another bike to ride while i tear that one apart)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
your kidding right?

your screwed unless you do some cheap jerry rig job..at least get plastics for the front :badteeth:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahahahah figured as much :badteeth:

i have plastics on the way, just don't want to wait an extra couple weeks to get this thing on the road...

actually i could "borrow" the signals off of my other bike if i could mount them to the forks...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hahahahah figured as much :badteeth:

i have plastics on the way, just don't want to wait an extra couple weeks to get this thing on the road...

actually i could "borrow" the signals off of my other bike if i could mount them to the forks...
that's why I said it needs to be a "jerry Rig job"...even the stockers hook on plastics....see?:wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i know what i'm going to be thinking about at work tomorrow :D

if anybody has any ideas for a quick and dirty solution let me know, even if involves hose clamps and JB weld

·
Registered
95 Posts
attach points at the lower corners of the headlamp assembly to the plastic inner then wire tie the bottom of the piece and rear corner

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure your front brake lines are installed wrong as well
should they be 2 lines coming from the master cylinder and one to each caliper?

yeah the PO said "i have steel braided brake lines" and i thought sweet the front brake should be pretty stiff, but its pretty squishy... they are galfer lines too...

i'll try the wiring the back up if i can find suitable place to tie to for that, but i might just grab my other signals some hose clamps and some angle brackets...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts