Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the damn shiftier from mps and i don't have time to return it. The cloves that comes off the ram is machined to small it will not fit all the way over my shiftier. So i was thinking of drilling a hole threw my shiftier and then putting the pin threw. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
shift kits are universal, takes a little fitting. that will work. make sure clevis floats on shift leverfreely. ive had to spread them slightly and uhave free travel on both ends of ram when mounted so it's not bottoming out. ram and clevis all floating freely, ur good to go.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shift kits are universal, takes a little fitting. that will work. make sure clevis floats on shift leverfreely. ive had to spread them slightly and uhave free travel on both ends of ram when mounted so it's not bottoming out. ram and clevis all floating freely, ur good to go.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had the same issue...what I did noticed was on the shifter, the mold has a hard line that makes the clevis hard to go over....I took my grinder and grounded both sides down jus enough to make sure the clevis has free motion and then I drilled the hole where I grounded down.....presto!!!!works
Like a charm

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i didn't want to drill a hole in my frame. so i used my heel guard as a bracket. and just drilled a hole threw the shiftier. Just make sure you space it out enough with washers so it doesn't bind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts