Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has tried mounting a gen 4 slip on (or header, for that matter) on a gen 3? The options for silencers for the gen 3 are looking a little tired, and I'm tired of my yoshi. Any info from you guys will be greatly appreciated, even if it's telling me that I'll be the pioneer on this subject. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I just picked up my 2010 and am in a similar dilema. I have not found any info for sure either. I am going on tuesday to take a look at a gen 4 and get some rough measurements. I think I am going to try and get a Taylormade can for a gen 4 to install on my gen 3, and just make and weld some brackets for the gen 3 exhaust cover.

I did a similar kind of retrofit on my gen 1 before and it worked out great, hoping for similar results. However I would be glad to see any other input in this thread as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just picked up my 2010 and am in a similar dilema. I have not found any info for sure either. I am going on tuesday to take a look at a gen 4 and get some rough measurements. I think I am going to try and get a Taylormade can for a gen 4 to install on my gen 3, and just make and weld some brackets for the gen 3 exhaust cover.

I did a similar kind of retrofit on my gen 1 before and it worked out great, hoping for similar results. However I would be glad to see any other input in this thread as well.
Any word on getting the taylormade to fit? I would love that on my gen 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts