Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY MEMBERS IN THE AREA ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND. MEETING @ TOWER ON TOP OF PERKINS DRIVE @ 9AM BE THERE OR BE GONE. WE WILL BE HITTING AS
MANY ROADS ON THE MOUNTAIN AS POSSIBLE. WE HAVE SOME ROAD RACERS
THAT ARE ATTENDING. THEY HAVE RIDEN EVER TRACK IN THE US. DON'T BE SCARED, COME HAVE SOME FUN. THERE WILL BE A VIDEO MAKE OF THE RIDE.
HERE ARE SOME PIC FROM THE LAST VIDEO RIDE.

http://www.ezarchive.com/kawy/AlbumSpace/3PPDCJX3N3/cap0036.bmp
http://www.ezarchive.com/kawy/AlbumSpace/3PPDCJX3N3/cap0010.bmp
http://www.ezarchive.com/kawy/AlbumSpace/1D9WBTDY33/cap0047.bmp

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would love to join, but the police are out in full force in the Bear Mtn area. They've already gotten me this year. + the traffic sucks. If you decide to to ride in a different area, let me know. I'm always down to ride with people who can ride fast :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
They really are though... especially on Sundays. The park police drive around in unmarked vehicles too(like tan Blazers). The weekdays aren't too bad. kawyman, where in OC do you live? I'm in New Windsor.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
WELL ITS ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!! I have been asking and waiting for some close riders by!!! Since I am new to the area, been to Bear Mtn, but no clue about the roads. Can you help me out a bit, i am in Fishkill, Hwy 84 & Hwy 9, exit 13 off Hwy 84.

·
Registered
156 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
WELL ITS ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!! I have been asking and waiting for some close riders by!!! Since I am new to the area, been to Bear Mtn, but no clue about the roads. Can you help me out a bit, i am in Fishkill, Hwy 84 & Hwy 9, exit 13 off Hwy 84.
Id be happy to show you some of the roads in the area. We could meet up somewhere off of 9W(first exit on the other side of the river) and head out from there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have been out there the last couple weekends with no police interaction.
There are several roads where the police is a non factor. I hope to see some
of my zx10r brothers out there. FYI we do also also have our own officers attending,An one Capt. So far not we have it covered.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well if thats the case, I might attend :thumbsup: Which roads do you usually do(maybe send a PM so the wrong people don't see :wink: )?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Ill be there too. If you want to take 84 to the taconic, I live right by bear mtn (by RT 132 & RT 6).

I am a fair weather rider so if its raining I wont be out but I think it looks like it will be nice.

So is it at Perkins rd by 9am & kickstands up or 9am & we can hang till 9:30 or so BSing?

Details!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
KAWYMAN:

Yeah is it going to be 9am meet up or 9am kickstands up?

Might be attending, I don't have a problem waking up early it's just the guys I ride with that are always late. Let me know whats up.....

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
OK, i am IN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God i can't wait, is it saturday already???? 0900 to early, are you crazy, ask DB, every sunday we'd be on the rode at 7am and ride till 5pm sometimes!!! Ok, PM's are going out and I am still real new to the area so roads aren't to familiar yet. I do know Taconi PKWY, my first ride here i found!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can assure you I am always early or on time. If I say I will be there at 9:00 that mean I will be the about a quarter to.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Any chance of moving this to Sunday since the weather looks to be a bit better? I would still be up for a 9am meeting sunday morning at Perkins. I can only ride till around 1230 or so but I think we can cover some decent ground in 3 hours.

BTW, should we have eaten before meeting?

1 - 20 of 123 Posts