Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just put a full exhaust system on my 1st gen and now looking for a fuel management. i was going to go the common route an get the pc3 but then i stumbled along on this Motty AFR on the gixxer fourms an they have alot of good things to say. so i was just wondering if anyone on the forums is currently running one and has any feedback to give me.

http://afrtuner-usa.com/index.html
http://afrtuner-usa.com/index.html

·
Registered
550 Posts
The site doesn't list an application for the 04-05 10R so that would suggest needing to use the generic tuner they offer. I'd be leery of not using a model specific tuner and then product support might be an issue. Just a couple of things to consider..........

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand that there all generic its just no plug and play harness for the 1st gen which i don't mind making myself. i like the fact that its a self tuning system you don't have get a map or have a custom done at a dyno it constantly tunes itself for the perfect map which is awesome i was just wondering how it is working with any kawi's cause for what i see on the gixxer forums that its awesome.

i had something similar for my car when back when it was called Apexi VAFC it pretty much did the same thing as the motty you piggy back the system with a wideband an it would constantly tune on the go making the perfect map and i never had problems with it. plus when i upgraded never had to go get it dynoed it tuned it self going up and down my block.

if no one has it i will guinea pig myself an see how things go

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you go that route keep us posted, would like to hear how the system works out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
afr motty

on my 03 gsx r 1000, i installed first a PCIII, i tried maybe 20 different maps and never got anything in return..... finally drove it with a 0 map, just to keep the quickshifter..... , The PCIII is great if you drive your bike on the same race track always and if you have a buddy who has a dyno stand.... and another buddy who ll pull it on a trailer behind you if you go riding, because as soon as you change altitude, humidity, airdensity etc. you ll need a new map...... and no two bikes are the same...... than i installed an AFR MOTTY Tuner, it's a bit complicated to install as you need to solder it onto your cable boom (no plug and play...) BUT myohmy it 's worth the effort, the power increase is amazing, i had to drastically change my throttle opening points in corners and i generally could leave a higher gear going into corners as i had more power, much better (at least 25 %) throttle response, and it's constantly adapting to height, density etc. .
the idea must have been so good that PC now developped a new system which seems to work the same way as the MOTTY tuner.
i just got my ZX 10 R and i am now not sure what to install, anybody here made any experience with the new PC system ? the one who adjust automatically the mixture as per input received from the wideband sensor ??

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I totally forgot about the motty afr and I've heard nothng but good things about it. Totally going to look into it for my bike.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
pcv and auto tune here....auto tune I sent back...its garbage...just stick with the good old fashion tune and pcv or pcIII...those auto tune units are nothing but a 02 sensor to do mapping on the fly which they suck at lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts