Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in my situation, I ordered the GP style Fairing Exit Exhaust for 06-07 10R after communicating flawlessly with Mike, the sales dude at Motowekz.net. The second I hit the "send payment" button, I had immediate communication issues with a question that wasn't answered for days and along with that I had asked to be sent a tracking number with the shipment that has still yet to be sent. Keep in mind, my order was made on Oct. 6th, 2009 and it is now the 24th... I did howerever, like I said recieve a response on the 8th stating my exhaust would ship out that afternoon and the tracking number would be sent out on the 9th... Waited a week and emailed them again on the 15th and asked for a status and tracking number. Days go by again when finally another email was sent stating they were sorry, it was shipped. STILL NO TRACKING NUMBER or SHIP DATE. I also called several times and have only gotten someone to answer (1x) Once! Since then, I recieved an email from the shipping girl, stating again they were swamped with orders and are sorry, but again, NO TRACKING NUMBER or SHIP DATE was given. So here I sit looking for something I paid my earned money for that has yet to come and honestly will be surprised if it does. I am not so much impatient as I just wanna know where or if I will recieve my product. Has anyone else been screwed out of their money???

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i was going to order that same exhaust a few months back, sucks about the whole ordeal.....im not sure we have any members on here with motowerks exhaust... i could be mistaken, but keep on em about it

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was only $300, but it's the not so much the sum that burns my ass. Its the fact that ole boy was was the business before I paid for it and then once I did, they were like GOT YOU SUCKER!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
that sucks, somthing like that happened to me, when i was trying get a pocketbike from minipocketrockets.com

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
well im gonna start some email correspondence with the fellas over at motowerks see how they feel about the negative rep they are receiving on zx10r.net.....see if i can dig up some info. shit aint right, money is hard enough to come by to have it stolen out of your pocket book

·
Registered
276 Posts
Youll get it dude. And if by some odd chance you dont, call the local police department and talk to the detective that handles the small claims. Its happened to me, except it was an ebayer. The cop really put the fire on em.:cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
hey the web address listed on bbb for motowerks isnt correct, it takes you to motorwerks, a car site hmmmmm i think bbb messed that up

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Man, there's been a RASH of this stuff all over, not just this board either. I hope you get this straightened out. I fully understand being burnt on the principle of the matter, I'd still be pissed about 300.00 bucks.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Assholes

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Is motowerks not a primary sponser over on kawiforums?

I would gripe over there, probably falls on deaf ears over here. Seems their exhuast is a 600 type thing.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Always use a CC and in a situation like this, you can call the company and they will look into it.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,081 Posts
If you paid with a credit card they should make good if you dont get the pipe. I feel your pain though, you probably dont mind spending the money, you just want the pipe! Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah as long as you paid with a credit card or even paypal you can get your money back almost right away since you have already contacted them trying to get your product and its been over 2 weeks. you should have no problem at all.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DunkChamp, the address is the same as what was on my shipping/order manifest. Not sure if they run a car shop for exhausts as well or what, but the address is the same that's on my order. But hey, thank all of you guys for your input. I should have went with the roaring toys after seeing it on a buddy's bike this weekend...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
that sucks.. go to kawiforums.. i used to talk to dude on there every now and then.. he wanted me to put it on my 05 zx6r.. but it cam out under the tail which i didnt want

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Is motowerks not a primary sponser over on kawiforums?

I would gripe over there, probably falls on deaf ears over here. Seems their exhuast is a 600 type thing.
Always use a CC and in a situation like this, you can call the company and they will look into it.
If you paid with a credit card they should make good if you dont get the pipe. I feel your pain though, you probably dont mind spending the money, you just want the pipe! Good luck and keep us posted.
listen to these gentlemen, for they know what they are talking about and heck create an account id be pissed sorry bd hope things work out

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went through hell with this company last year.. same thing.. all cool and kosher about the sale until its "PAID" then they act like they dissappeared.. I could write a book about all the shit that went down but instead I'll post links.. I tried doing like some of you guys said and posting on kawiforums.com and etc... but to no avail... most thought "I" was out to bash them... hell I GOT RIPPED OFF and everyone thought it was bs... except for a few guys who stuck with me on it.. here is a link to the Ninja6Zone forum where it all started...

http://www.ninja6zone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5769

scan through most bs post but check out #... 1, 3 (down right hilarious), 9, Skip all of page 3...then POST # 36 (summed it up on that one)

Here is an excerpt from my post

they lied to you and they lied to me...I wouldn't "touch any of their products with a 10ft pole either...and I must have breathed some fucked up "ether"(what car salesman call it when your really wanting the product, etc.) the night I ordered their exhaust...I thought this would be a good exhaust but I was wrong...I ordered this exhaust Saturday August the 9th at 930pm...I read on their website(which was changed after confronted) that they were closed on the weekends. I tried emails and phone calls and no response...I called them all day Monday the 11th and finally they answer at 900pm EDT and say that the exhaust shipped out that MORNING...he said it went out like at 10 am before they realized I wanted to cancel and if I cancelled now I would be charged 15% restocking fee and he could go to post office that night and get the box back because he was sure it hadnt left the post office...this BULLSHIT went on for two weeks...he said he would charge me $40 to return it in the same box...which would be fine if I decided to return it two or three days after I ordered it but I didnt...I tried the very next day they were open to cancel and they gave me a run around like no other...Then the "tracking number" USPS delivery confirmation # never worked...he said he didnt know why...BULLSHIT...I got the package today...SHIP DATE 08/19/08 ON THE LABEL...GUESS WHAT NO DELIVERY CONFIRMATION WAS ADDED...KNOW WHY...THATS RIGHT U GUESSED IT...HE LIED ABOUT SHIPPING IT OUT...BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO LOSE THE SALE...ALSO ON THE SITE IT STATED YOU HAD TO HAVE A PHYSICAL ADDRESS BECAUSE THEY USE UPS(CHANGED THAT TOO) THUS THE REASON FOR $16 SHIPPING....NOPE THEY SENT IT FOR $7 USPS PRIORITY MAIL...AND USED THE USPS FREE FLAT RATE BOX...BUT NOT AT THE FLAT RATE...INSTEAD THEY GET FLAT RATE BOXES (WHICH ARE FREE FROM USPS...ACTUALLY YOUR HIGH POSTAL RATES AND TAX DOLLARS PROVIDE THAT) AND THEY CUT THE BOXES IN HALF AND SHIP IT OUT WITH THE CHEAPER PRIORITY RATE BASED ON WEIGHT...AND THERE WASN'T ANY DELIVERY CONFIRMATION LABEL ON THE BOX..THEY LIED!!!

AND THE WELDS ON THE EXHAUST...LOOK HALF ASS...AND THEIR "POWER CONE DESIGN"... IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT...ITS BASICALLY LIKE EXPANDED STEEL CUT AND ROLLED INTO A CONE...AINT SHIT TO IT...TO SUM THIS EXPERIENCE UP...

MOTOWERKZ (AKA JASON & ERIC) LIED ABOUT SHIPPING THE EXHAUST, LIED ABOUT THE METHOD OF SHIPPING AND ARE BASICALLY FULL OF SHIT...THIS EXHAUST SHOULD SELL FOR ABOUT $50 BUCKS SHIPPED...MAYBE...

HAVING SAID ALL THAT...

AS I STATED IN ONE OF MY LAST EMAILS TO MOTOWERKZ

...I HOPE NO ONE ELSE GETs SCREWED BY YOUR COMPANY AS I HAVE NOW....

Post 44 and 45 .. here is one of the assholes who backs up Motowerkz...

Here is another link to a thread that someone else started and I posted on the let folks now how I got ripped... well of course it turned south

http://www.ninja6zone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5913

Post # 3, 4, 8, 14, 16

http://www.kawiforums.com/2007-2008-zx-6r/116776-motowerkz-net-gp-style-exhaust-10.html

Post 91, 93

POST 100 IS BULLSHIT!!

I hated reading all that again... I hate that company ... I pm'd kawboy1056... but he got off line before I finished...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts