Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 10. And I wanna know is the $1500 bucks for a thin head gasket and a race intake cam worth the money? I'm gonna get it done by Pschye Perf. where ruthless got his done. Are they supposed to degree the cams too? Oh yea did it help your times? And can you truly feel the power on the street?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Does that price include all parts and labor including tuning.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I paid $86 something for the intake cam, $16 for the gasket, and after I had MSP racing install and dyno tune it w/ custom map and cam degree, I paid around $1500, a little less, but it was close to 15.

I can feel the difference between before and after this mod. I dont regret it. However, you might want to look into stronger valve springs and retainers, I had 2 retainers go out on me, so I upgraded w/ Carpenter racings Chromium Silicone springs (49 lb.) and their titanium retainers, Now Im confident everything will hold up on my ride, I run Nitrous too, which is kinda hard on the motor, but Im only running roughly 30hp jet.

Definately get your cams degreed, do a search, lots of info on it. Im at 107 intake, 103 exhaust, The Kit manual calls for 108/102, but 1 degree wont hurt anything....and I get more punch in the midrange instead of all up top.

So if you have the scratch, Go for it. You'll be happy w/ the performance.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have a 04 10. And I wanna know is the $1500 bucks for a thin head gasket and a race intake cam worth the money? I'm gonna get it done by Pschye Perf. where ruthless got his done. Are they supposed to degree the cams too? Oh yea did it help your times? And can you truly feel the power on the street?
Chris at Performance Psycle in Knoxville, TN does great work and has the best prices.:thumbsup: Just let Chris know what you are going to do with the bike and he will degree cams as he sees fit. Hell yeah they helped my times. I have stock cams in my 04 though. The power will be very noticable. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Yes, they will have to degree the cams. Does this include some dyno tuning, its important if you want the most for your money.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
That is a great price and that includes his expert dyno tuning service.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Now the only question is how do I get it 700 miles there???
We will be in Memphis, TN June 7-9, you can hang out and we will take it back from there. :dontknow: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just curious. Wouldn’t the thin head gasket + 93oct. on the street cause problems? The compressions pretty high stock... :dontknow:

I've heard bad stories of stroker motors being ridden on the street. Just curious about this. :ayyy:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Just curious. Wouldn’t the thin head gasket + 93oct. on the street cause problems? The compressions pretty high stock... :dontknow:

I've heard bad stories of stroker motors being ridden on the street. Just curious about this. :ayyy:
It's not that high with just the gasket. Don't run less than 93 though

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It's not that high with just the gasket. Don't run less than 93 though
:+1: I have a cut head and thin gasket and never had any problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts