Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got behind a f150 that proceeded to put atleast one to two tire widths over the yellow line going around blind corners on a road that typically sees allot of motorcycle traffic. I honked my horn at him and pointed him to stay in his lane. He continually did it all the way to the main road and pulled into a restraunt. I bit my tongue not to respectfully confront him and tell him that he could possible kill, injure, or cause an inexperience rider to panic mid corner and cause a wreck. I see motorist even on wide bends lop off corners and I point to them to stay over. I'm not one of them vigilante motorcyclist that nit pick everything a motorist does wrong (no turn signals, minimal stopping distance to turn, erratic lane changes,etc) but driving over the line is down right negligence.

Anyone have a situation occur like this? How did you handle it? Etc

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Never had this problem here in CA; but first thought is dui. In California cagers call in dui's right away as Cal trans asks for dui enforcement with requesting signs time after time.

Bottom line is if all safe then we have tomorrow.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had this problem here in CA; but first thought is dui. In California cagers call in dui's right away as Cal trans asks for dui enforcement with requesting signs time after time.

Bottom line is if all safe then we have tomorrow.
These roads have hair pin turns most turns are rated 10mph and it's up and down mountains. If he was drunk he would of wrecked. He had a family truck full. So couldn't believe dui.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
These roads have hair pin turns most turns are rated 10mph and it's up and down mountains. If he was drunk he would of wrecked. He had a family truck full. So couldn't believe dui.

Ah. Well, you add a new element. I am very, very, very used to tight rural areas. And tight areas have a range of the definition of 'rural.' In empty rural, no one but the ranchers are on the road and they don't like asphalt. Semi rural areas I know well and often have an informal agenda concerning motos; in that genre area, but rarely, on coming demented old guys cut apex's deep, as into my lane, on coming. Very rarely. My thought when it happened was 'old, and watching right in front of his bumper EXACTLY like how my wife drives.'

Sorry, ladies. My wife has been at my side for years and years in a cage. Yet when she insisted upon driving me around after a few injuries, I was shocked that nothing I did TAUGHT her a single thing...nothing...nothing...nothing.

Astounding revelation.

Anyway. yup, I do indeed pay attention to all traffic coming from any direction and try to adjust fast when needed.

ok, now this may sound unbelievable. On my 50 mile section of Mt. Hamilton at least half of those miles are single lane BUT Cal Trans placed a dy. Just about half of all on coming is down the middle; these are usually University students, rural mail or Fedex, (UPS goes up but I've never had a prob with them going over dy.)

Motors simply are ready for that; a couple of times big trucks, on coming, any I'm in the frookin ditch, shallow, but avoiding the crash. No hits but if I crash and they're over the dy...on them. Camera going to hard for mis-info to stand when the court is in session.

·
Registered
569 Posts
News flash. People care about themselves and care very little how their actions impact others. Get used to it, it is only getting worse. Stupid is prevailing.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I see this all the time where I'm at, this is one of the reasons I don't like riding the street anymore(Can't afford to hit the track so I barely ride at this point). It makes me really upset when it happens on a backroad, cause that's usually where we go to get away from traffic but every so often there's a car coming around the corner crossing the fucking double lines.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, I live in California and I ride the canyons in and around Malibu ( The infamous SNAKE) etc. I see it every time I go out in the canyons. I do ride a lot. I have stopped and had conversations with people in cars about going over the DY lines. There are many reactions to a talk about dangerous driving habits. Like the man said in one of the previous posts. People care about themselves and care very little how their actions affects others. I always tell the car drivers " what if your son or daughter were to be killed by a driver because that driver was not in their own lane?" Most of the time it hits home. Many times I have to ignore the fact someone in a car just about killed me because of their poor driving.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was having a good day until I read the first post and started remembering all the times I've seen careless and inconsiderate pieces of sh*t who cross into oncoming lanes. There's no excuse for this type of driving. That being said, I'm not sure what I would've done either. I suppose I would've avoided a potential violent confrontation at the restaurant and kept going as well.

Reactions: Kawasexy

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I drive/ride over a mountain pass every single day on my way to the shop. I see more motorcyclists over the yellow lines than cagers by at least a factor of 10.

Maybe we should lead by example in this case.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Well, I live in California and I ride the canyons in and around Malibu ( The infamous SNAKE) etc. I see it every time I go out in the canyons. I do ride a lot. I have stopped and had conversations with people in cars about going over the DY lines. There are many reactions to a talk about dangerous driving habits. Like the man said in one of the previous posts. People care about themselves and care very little how their actions affects others. I always tell the car drivers " what if your son or daughter were to be killed by a driver because that driver was not in their own lane?" Most of the time it hits home. Many times I have to ignore the fact someone in a car just about killed me because of their poor driving.
Yes, maturity, solid sense and reasoning and accountability and maturity, maturity MATURITY!

Safety first as a huge range of driver abilities out there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I drive/ride over a mountain pass every single day on my way to the shop. I see more motorcyclists over the yellow lines than cagers by at least a factor of 10.

Maybe we should lead by example in this case.
What state do you live in? I see it the other way, 10 cars to 1 bike . I never ride over the double yellow and unless I'm passing a slow ass car. Safely of course.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
California. I saw no less than 12 bikes this morning on my 17 mile commute to the shop and it was 38° when I left the house.

Funny enough it was almost 13, but I decided not to ride at the last minute so I could take some tools to the shop with the convenience of the truck. :smile2:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Strange that bikes even need to leave their own lane to do anything more than pass slow traffic. Cars just want to straighten their line. I get it but they don't understand that they can't go over the line and get back in their own lane before they think they can.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Strange that bikes even need to leave their own lane to do anything more than pass slow traffic. Cars just want to straighten their line. I get it but they don't understand that they can't go over the line and get back in their own lane before they think they can.

That would be my point entirely... I only ride on the street now for commuting and the very very rare road trip. I never ride on public roads for recreation or sport. Back when I was an avid sport-rider the club I rode with had pretty strict rules about not crossing into the oncoming lanes. In fact you could pretty much do anything else without so much as a raised eyebrow wheelies for miles, piss off the people that lived on the twisty backroad at 8:30am with your rev-limiter, hit your buddies kill switch at 65mph whatever..., but crossing the yellow line would earn you some admonishment.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What if one could go pro and get licence plate of offender and report it to police with video evidence?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts