Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, maybe some of you know that in the province of Quebec (Canada), the S.A.A.Q. (Société d'Assurance Automobile du Quebec) ( Quebec Automotive Insurance Society) is raising the taxes on motorcycles since last year.

In fact, 2 years ago, it was 690$ for a sport bike for a year (at best 6 months of riding). This year it was 1036$ and next year it will bee 1400$.
A raise of 203% in 2 years.

I would like to know:

1- Where you're from?
2- What kind of taxes fees do you pay?
3- Do you have to pay extras to you private insurances if your bike taxes are low?

In my case, next year I'll pay 1400 in taxes and 900 in insurance and I'm kindda pissed :sad:

thanks

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Happy I moved from that Province years ago! LOL Here in Alberta ...It cost me $45 a year to get my bike plated lol .... I pay around $800.00 a year to get full insurance coverage on the bike... They want to kill the sport there.. The funny thing is that the bitch in charge of this has no idea about riding and riders in general.. all they have is some stupid statistics!! They have more people dying on fucking snowmobiles in the Winter but it's ok!!!!!!!....fucking Quebec man lol I lived 4 years straight in the old Levis BTW!! Good times!!!

I wonder How much it cost in Ontario?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bike is $24.50USD a year to register/plate. Insurance is $0/lifetime thanks to Florida's no-fault laws. :thumbsup:
it's no fault to in Quebec... but a couple years ago, the SAAQ had a surplus and the gouvernment took that money to put in health care.

For you guys in the US... Never let Obama put a public healt care system.
in Quebec, 40% of all taxes goes to finance that systeme, and it's not half as good as your system.

And if it's the separatists that form the next gouvernement, you can be shure that i'll moove....

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
It's $40 to plate each of my bikes, but since I have vanity plates on both it goes up to $80 each bike. My insurance for both bikes full coverage is $850 with Gieco. With my luck with cars the past few years I need that...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
For you guys in the US... Never let Obama put a public healt care system.
in Quebec, 40% of all taxes goes to finance that systeme, and it's not half as good as your system.
No worries about him getting my support. He never has or will have my support.

I've seen public health care systems (mom is from France) and to be blunt, they all suck. If you have a surgery in France and ask for a private room they laugh at you. Private room, what???? Everything is "institutionalized" and focused on one thing - efficiency with large numbers. Almost like a battlefield hospital - they don't care how GOOD your service, experience, operation, or stay is.....all they care about is getting as many people in and out as possible!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.