Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
t-rex ftw... Vortex is next but mid priced.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
i started makin these about a year ago ,my riden buds got one and no probs as of today.i made a little video on youtube listed as , rocket jack ,this ones for a guy with a busa. 047.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
I didn't have good luck with t-rex stands. Here's my experience.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75490&highlight=stands
I have a set of T-Rex stands and I have no problems with them at all. I was going through the thread you posted about your bike falling off the front stand but I can't see why it would have done that. The stand itself didn't break did it? It just slipped off. Could you have put the bike on it incorrectly? And I don't mean that as an insult. This is my first set of stands and my only experience with them ever. I didn't have anyone come over and tell me how to use mine and I bought them used without any instructions so when I got them home I was just sort of wingin' it. What I'm curious of is whether there is a right and wrong way of putting it under your forks. I was looking at your pics and we don't do it the same way. When I tried it the way it looks like you had yours it didn't seem like that's how they were intended to be used. Again, I have no prior experience with them or any other stands for that matter so I just use them the way they seem to be the most stable. Out of all the people that don't care for them I don't recall anyone saying they were junk because a weld broke or a wheel fell off or something. Believe me, I don't want to go out and find my bike laying on the garage floor but I feel confident that they are a pretty well made product.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Fork stands are not solid to begin with. Have you taken you front wheel off using those stands you have? I will only use a triple tree stand for taking the front tire off. Yes, the fork stands are fine for just cleaning the wheels.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
my old trex stand is solid! I only bought new vortex stands because they have a longer handle for more leverage when lifting my bike. Theres nothing wrong with trexs front stands.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fork stands are not solid to begin with. Have you taken you front wheel off using those stands you have? I will only use a triple tree stand for taking the front tire off. Yes, the fork stands are fine for just cleaning the wheels.
I've taken the front wheel off several times and it seems just as stable. I'll go take a pic of how it's sittin' right now. Maybe I can get some opinions on whether I'm doing it wrong. The way I use them I don't see how the bike could come off of it with out someone pushin' it off.

·
Registered
162 Posts
here is how I have always used the front stand. seems to work great. using it like this won't allow the pins "flip" or roll over. and with the weight of the bike on it and the angle of the fork I don't see how it the bike could ever come off the stand unless the stand itself broke somehow.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Buying a cheap ass product only costs you more in the long run. Eventually you realize you need something better and replace the cheap product.

The trex I purchased years ago only collects dust in the corner of the garage. It's better than nothing, but I would never trust it to remove the wheel. One small mistake could cost you a lot more than than a good stand.

I you want a front stand get one that lifts from the triple clamps, and don't get a trex. If you can't afford a new one, search around until you can pick up a good used one.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Buying a cheap ass product only costs you more in the long run. Eventually you realize you need something better and replace the cheap product.

The trex I purchased years ago only collects dust in the corner of the garage. It's better than nothing, but I would never trust it to remove the wheel. One small mistake could cost you a lot more than than a good stand.

I you want a front stand get one that lifts from the triple clamps, and don't get a trex. If you can't afford a new one, search around until you can pick up a good used one.
I do not understand the T-Rex hate. I purchased the T-Rex V-Stands in gold with both of the set-up options (I have a triple stand and the fork stand for the front and I have the spool/non-spool set-up for the rear.) I have an Anderson rearstand here as well and have compared the T-Rex to the Anderson as well as a Vortex...there is no big difference between them. The finish is a little better but that's about it.

To all the guys who say that the T-Rex stand is no good and the bike will fall and the stand will break and blah blah blah...I don't know what the hell you guys are doing with your stands but my stands work great. :dontknow:

·
Registered
162 Posts

why are they a "cheap ass product"? why does your t-rex sit in the corner and not get used, did it fail somehow? I understand the idea of using the triple clamp for getting the forks off or using it for wheel removal if you happen to have one but if you don't what is "wrong" with the t-rex stand? I'm sure someone out there has had an "expensive", "top of the line" stand fail in one way or another whether it be user error or product failure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts