Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am in the process of installing trackers on the bike, however; I think it will be a good investment to install a good security system. I do not want something fancy, however; I do want something that works. Please share your thoughts, which security system and which perticular model is best. Also, if I can install it myself. Is it ok to buy a used security system?

Thanks.
Take care.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
scorpio alarm system ftw!

the expensive model is the best

personal experience with the company has been nothing but good. had to replace a remote and they did it under warranty for free =) and the remote standalone is 100$

·
Registered
531 Posts
Make sure you have insurance.... Best there is...IMHO :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Jacked up to the max insurance is the best system out there.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
scorpio here too!...love it!.......I also have the anti hijack module so that a jacker only gets a block down the road before the bike cuts off!.........lol..as long as they don't shoot me and I can still hold the two buttons down!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am thinking of installing scorpio, however; I am not really sure which one I should go for. Seems like all of them provide same level of protection, however; some with more or different features (like RFID, 2 Way Radio).

Am I correct? I am thinking that if I want to save money, going for 2 way radio is better than RFID, as it ll keep me in touch with my bike over half a mile distance. Does the batteries in the remote last, or you have to change them every 2 months? Also, what about the bike battery? Does it last? I am going to install tracker as well as this, and do not want to jump start the bike every 2 months.
In addition, does it tell you the battery condition in the hand set?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I am thinking of installing scorpio, however; I am not really sure which one I should go for. Seems like all of them provide same level of protection, however; some with more or different features (like RFID, 2 Way Radio).

Am I correct? I am thinking that if I want to save money, going for 2 way radio is better than RFID, as it ll keep me in touch with my bike over half a mile distance. Does the batteries in the remote last, or you have to change them every 2 months? Also, what about the bike battery? Does it last? I am going to install tracker as well as this, and do not want to jump start the bike every 2 months.
In addition, does it tell you the battery condition in the hand set?
Thanks in advance
there remotes are LiOn batteries that are rechargeable and they last WAY more than two months, they last years.

As long as you ride your bike more than once a month the alarm should not pull enough juice from your battery to shorten the batteries life. if you really want to be safe, get a battery tender that will make sure if you leave your bike for months that they battery will not become permanently damaged. you should not have to jump start your battery ever, if you ride more than once a month.

the battery condition of the bike is not relayed on the handset (remote is what im assuming you are talking about)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there remotes are LiOn batteries that are rechargeable and they last WAY more than two months, they last years.

As long as you ride your bike more than once a month the alarm should not pull enough juice from your battery to shorten the batteries life. if you really want to be safe, get a battery tender that will make sure if you leave your bike for months that they battery will not become permanently damaged. you should not have to jump start your battery ever, if you ride more than once a month.

the battery condition of the bike is not relayed on the handset (remote is what im assuming you are talking about)
Guys, please comment on my scorpio alarm model selection (keep in mind, I do not want to spend a lot of money for no use either (security is imp, looks/ functionalities are not).
Thanks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Guys, please comment on my scorpio alarm model selection (keep in mind, I do not want to spend a lot of money for no use either (security is imp, looks/ functionalities are not).
Thanks

All information from www.scorpioalarms.com

Model sr-i900 = $379.00
http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i900/

"RFID Technology
The system will know when you are near and when you are not and will activate the alarm for you accordingly."

Model sr-i600/sr-i500 = $319.00
http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i500_trs6/

Everything but RFID

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't see a problem in choosing between these two models available for scorpio alarm systems if you did the research on thier website (maybe you got your info second hand from a friend or a person working at the dealership in which case that is were you went wrong because you should always get product info from the company producing the product). They are both the same except one will allow your bike to detect when you are near by and shut off the alarm if you have the remote in your pocket. if you do the math, its $60 for that feature. also there is no other difference except that feature comes in a remote that looks better than the non-RFID (see for yourself on the website, the black vs sliver/orange remote but i personally like the compact silver/range remote)

they both have two-way radio so you cant chose not to have it (yes i know, its a double negative).

and if you are considering the one-radio (logic would tell you how this type of radio works, its one-way therefore it can ONLY be from remote to bike because how else are you gonna turn off/on your alarm system?) model for $100 something dollars so you can save money, then you will lose the feature of being paged (because remember it was one-way) when your bike's alarm is triggered which in my opinion is unacceptable considering how FAST they can steal your bike unlike a car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

muy facil?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All information from www.scorpioalarms.com

Model sr-i900 = $379.00
http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i900/

"RFID Technology
The system will know when you are near and when you are not and will activate the alarm for you accordingly."

Model sr-i600/sr-i500 = $319.00
http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i500_trs6/

Everything but RFID

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't see a problem in choosing between these two models available for scorpio alarm systems if you did the research on thier website (maybe you got your info second hand from a friend or a person working at the dealership in which case that is were you went wrong because you should always get product info from the company producing the product). They are both the same except one will allow your bike to detect when you are near by and shut off the alarm if you have the remote in your pocket. if you do the math, its $60 for that feature. also there is no other difference except that feature comes in a remote that looks better than the non-RFID (see for yourself on the website, the black vs sliver/orange remote but i personally like the compact silver/range remote)

they both have two-way radio so you cant chose not to have it (yes i know, its a double negative).

and if you are considering the one-radio (logic would tell you how this type of radio works, its one-way therefore it can ONLY be from remote to bike because how else are you gonna turn off/on your alarm system?) model for $100 something dollars so you can save money, then you will lose the feature of being paged (because remember it was one-way) when your bike's alarm is triggered which in my opinion is unacceptable considering how FAST they can steal your bike unlike a car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

muy facil?
Cool
So, I diffinitely will go with the 2 way radio, however; I will think about the FRID.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Do all of these have the parameter alarm? Does it really work if you park your bike in a parking lot with a cover on top (not giving a number of false alarms bcz of air moving the cover)??
Also, how long do these systems last? If they last for years, then I can even get an expensive one, think of it as an investment, and then keep transfering it to the new bike if I change the bike (I am thinking of doing that in near future).
Thanks again :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts