Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the title is kinda weird but Thursday we had a Motorcycle Rodeo at Marine corps. Air Station New River. Last year was the first and it sucked. This year was much better fewer stations and less bikes. Last year 400 plus bikes this year 120. So we had more time to ride than sit and watch. What it is, is they shut down one runway and a few taxiways. Then we go to diff. stations along the way and do skills tests. My favorite stations were the ones where you get timed and the winner gets one of the mill-spec vests. If you know what the ERC course is the you know what event I won. The State troopers were out there running the course in a time of 31 sec. flat. Then I ran a time of 29.81 without leathers. :rockwoot: :eek:wned: I would have taken the 60ft offset slolom but the front end washed, but i caught it. Thank Goodness. We did have an event where the object was to measure your braking distance from 35-0 They didn't like my stoppies but they ended that competition after a SSgt went over the handle bars and the bike landed on his ankle. But that was the only misshap. Otherwise a fun day. I just thought you guys would like to know your tax dollars go to making better riders.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Never cared for doing that parking lot msf type shit on your own bike, thats what rebel 250's are for, every class I attened or here about someone goes down. Pretty dumb way to crash your bike if you ask me, pushing it to hard in a parking lot with way to much gravel on the surface.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never cared for doing that parking lot msf type shit on your own bike, thats what rebel 250's are for, every class I attened or here about someone goes down. Pretty dumb way to crash your bike if you ask me, pushing it to hard in a parking lot with way to much gravel on the surface.
it was on the runway. No gravel:wink:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hey RedNinja, I just missed that, due to not having a valid dod sticker on my bike. Since my chairforce one ran out and I never rode on base anyway, I didn't renew it and I just checked in today so I have to get my NC registration redone and get a new dod sticker. We should hook up and do a ride together. I have a red ninja too even though it looks like a 650r on steroids. It is super fun to ride and comfortable. I have already been in my leathers on Old Maple Hill tearing it up. I went during the week and I was out there for 1 and a half hours and one farm truck passed me. It was fun though. Nobody is out there during the week. I used to ride alot when I was here before but now I don't know with the work load and all. I'll try to get up with you in a week or so Later. dean

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey RedNinja, I just missed that, due to not having a valid dod sticker on my bike. Since my chairforce one ran out and I never rode on base anyway, I didn't renew it and I just checked in today so I have to get my NC registration redone and get a new dod sticker. We should hook up and do a ride together. I have a red ninja too even though it looks like a 650r on steroids. It is super fun to ride and comfortable. I have already been in my leathers on Old Maple Hill tearing it up. I went during the week and I was out there for 1 and a half hours and one farm truck passed me. It was fun though. Nobody is out there during the week. I used to ride alot when I was here before but now I don't know with the work load and all. I'll try to get up with you in a week or so Later. dean
We'll deffinitly hook up and scrape a peg or two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts