Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What to do if I placed an order with this site sponsor and now I cannot contact them about my order. I ordered a Scott's damper and a pair of Alpine Stars gloves....now the company website is down, and I cannot find their number in the directory.

:dontknow:

Now I'm going to check my bank statements to see if I was charged the $500+ for my order not yet received.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, my account was charged $508 for my purchase on 3/25/2005.

Please someone help me here.... :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear JeredH

Whats been said so far is true Ara is no longer employed with ridersinc and yes contact either Brian or Nick (owner). Their exposure on this site has been severely reduced since Ara's departure so conduct buissness accordingly folks. I will notify Rich & YSR of this thread.

BD

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
If you used a debit card, call your bank ASAP and you should get your money back. If you used a credit card, call them and dispute the charge. They will represent you and can probably get your money back. If you sent a check.... you are fugged :sad:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Wow. So what's the deal here? I've done some business with them and have never had a problem. Is this a sign of problems with the company? I know they've put together a few GPs in the past and does anyone know why Ara left? I've also talked with Brian and Nick on the phone before and found them to be helpful and straight up. I'm just wondering what happened here.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
king-tony said:
If you used a debit card, call your bank ASAP and you should get your money back. If you used a credit card, call them and dispute the charge. They will represent you and can probably get your money back. If you sent a check.... you are fugged :sad:

Not sure that's necessary just yet. :dontknow: If they billed and shipped on the 25th it simply may not have gotten to him yet. I don't think he's saying he's been burned yet. I think he's just having trouble getting in touch with them. I think cancelling payment at this point would be a bit premature...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone for the replies. I'll try contacting them again this afternoon with those phone numbers and emails. I'm not concerned at this point. I used my Visa debit card, and they have a fraud policy to protect me. I'll keep y'all posted

-J

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey peeps - i got a tracking number from Riders, Inc today, and UPS online says the damper was delivered today. i'm still at work, but hopefully will get home to my scott's!No more tank slapping! thanks again for all your quick replies.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Im glad this thread had a happy ending!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YES!...I have the damper and am about to install. Any recommendations on how to shave the plastic off the key? I don't have a grinding wheel.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I think you can just pull it off...kinda like a case around the top of the key.

I could be mistaken, however if you had a drill or exacto knife that would work too....probably wouldn't be as pretty though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We used a utility knife to trim the edge of the key housing. Went ahead and did both sides for the funk of it. Much obliged to GT and Dave for their help tonight :beer:

pictures really capture the moment, don't they :postwhore

1 - 18 of 18 Posts