Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what they had to say:

>>
After the street ride, MO was lucky enough to sneak a CBR back to our dyno. Though it didn't break the MO dyno record, the CBR 1000RR did tie it, with 156.4 uncorrected rear wheel horsepower. However, due to varying meteorological conditions, it's SAE corrected number was 5Hp shy of the current 157Hp record set last spring by a stock GSX-R1000. On the street, I can assure you that you and I both would be faster on the Honda, due to the vastly different way in which the two bikes deliver their power. If the GSX-R is a cannon, making no attempt to soften its blows or make itself easy to wield, the CBR is a 44 Magnum, not quite as intimidating, but far more effective to use in a civilian setting. Sure, that was a silly analogy, but after spending time on both bikes, there is no doubt the CBR is at a higher level of refinement and effectiveness than last year's open class king.
<<

I'm thinking I am right on with the ZX-10R going to average 153 rwhp from all the various magazines and internet reviewers. Burgerkin - you will have to think hard about what you're going to send me as a prize :wink:

My local dealer told me April is when we can expect one (!). Although a new red R1 is supposed to be there any day now...

·
Registered
36 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, the more I read about the CBR-RR, the more I think they really got the package right this time. I've ridden a 600RR plenty (on the track and off), and I can attest that it handles unlike anything else I've ever ridden. It feels absolutely glued to the road at all times. RC211V trickle-down technology or what, the damn thing works like nothing else.

And, if the 1000RR was supposedly designed by the same team that designed the RC211V, then the bike really should be incredible.

Don't get me wrong. I am a die hard Kawi fan. But, I've got to wonder if the 54-inch wheelbase is really usable for getting a 150 hp bike around a track quickly. I won't be surprised if the track tests show the Honda outlapping everyone because the bike never felt like it was going fast. I think Honda may have discovered the secret to speed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They also have a video of the dyno run so you can hear the CBR-RR roar. You can download it from http://home.nc.rr.com/jeffspics/Video/

Scott - I bet you're right, that the CBR-RR will be well received during on-track evaluations, just as the 600RR was. The 600RR was significantly heavier than the other supersport 600s last year but was universally praised for it's on-track "rightness". I'm sure the same will be true of its big brother.

However, when you get into dialing these bikes in for the track, I still think the Kawi has the critical elements (slipper clutch, aggressive chassis geometry, top-end weighted power delivery) that will make it superior when upgraded for the track. As I keep mentioning, with the upgrades I have planned (Penske 8987 Shock, revalved forks, Ohlins or Scotts damper, track bodywork for 20 less pounds) I don't think there will be much (in the class) that can touch a ZX-10R at Virginia International Raceway. Come spring's first trackdays - we'll know for sure. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Jeff D said:
I'm thinking I am right on with the ZX-10R going to average 153 rwhp from all the various magazines and internet reviewers. Burgerkin - you will have to think hard about what you're going to send me as a prize :wink:
:lol:
wait until we have all kinds of reliable data first, but if you win that will be Dutch coffee 8) :wink:
Speaking of the CBR1000RR, Gerrit Ten Kate who runs the CBR1000RR in WSBK has told that his CBR has already 210PS at the rear wheel (those are his words not mine). Trouble is it's eating tyre at an alarming rate, at a track test in Spain the tyres would not last more than two laps not very useful if a race lasts 15 to 20 laps. It is also down to suspension setup but Gerrit claims that with WP suspension they will get it under control. So if it all comes out right Vermeulen on his CBR will start kicking Ducati butt :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
262 Posts
burgerkin said:
Jeff D said:
wait until we have all kinds of reliable data first, but if you win that will be Dutch coffee 8) :wink:
Speaking of the CBR1000RR, Gerrit Ten Kate who runs the CBR1000RR in WSBK has told that his CBR has already 210PS at the rear wheel (those are his words not mine). Trouble is it's eating tyre at an alarming rate, at a track test in Spain the tyres would not last more than two laps not very useful if a race lasts 15 to 20 laps. It is also down to suspension setup but Gerrit claims that with WP suspension they will get it under control. So if it all comes out right Vermeulen on his CBR will start kicking Ducati butt :twisted: :twisted:
obviously the pirelli control tyres are are made to suit the ducatis. thereby giving them the advantage.....call me a cinic??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please also send some that special Dutch tobacco too :lol:

That would be great if the Ten Kate CBR1000RR would be competitive with the Ducatis, perhaps more so than the few moments that Lavilla had last year on the G1K.

It would be so fitting that a privateer inline-4 team beat the full-factory Ducati 999s, that practically are in bed with Flamini Group (nee FGSport) and virtually own the SBK series or as it's now commonly known - the "Ducati Cup".

Even though SBK is a shadow of its former self (Remember Imola 2002?), I hope it will be good racing with Haga, McCoy, Toseland and Corser - all talented riders.

I love MotoGP, but I also think there needs to be an International production-based series so we can watch bikes that look like the ones in our garages in action.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Jeff D said:
Please also send some that special Dutch tobacco too :lol:

That would be great if the Ten Kate CBR1000RR would be competitive with the Ducatis, perhaps more so than the few moments that Lavilla had last year on the G1K.

It would be so fitting that a privateer inline-4 team beat the full-factory Ducati 999s, that practically are in bed with Flamini Group (nee FGSport) and virtually own the SBK series or as it's now commonly known - the "Ducati Cup".

Even though SBK is a shadow of its former self (Remember Imola 2002?), I hope it will be good racing with Haga, McCoy, Toseland and Corser - all talented riders.

I love MotoGP, but I also think there needs to be an International production-based series so we can watch bikes that look like the ones in our garages in action.
Agreed, I like the idea of watching my bike in races, going for glory.
:)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
In WSBK only the Bertocchi team (with Clementi and Sancini) use ZX10R.
The first pic from the recent Valencia test showed that they didn't even have race bodywork on :evil:
And Clementi and Sancini aren't exactly world class riders so I am afraid 'our bike' will not win races in WSBK in 2004 :evil:

·
Registered
317 Posts
At this point I am afraid no one will even get there new bikes. Except for the Honda buyers. R1 and ZX10's are taking forever. The CBR will win be default this year it looks at this point. All the mags will have Honda mods coming out there Gazoo by the time the ZX hits the floors!!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
cbrf41999 said:
At this point I am afraid no one will even get there new bikes. Except for the Honda buyers. R1 and ZX10's are taking forever. The CBR will win be default this year it looks at this point. All the mags will have Honda mods coming out there Gazoo by the time the ZX hits the floors!!
:?:
well not over here, first shipment ZX10R's shall arrive in 2 or 3 weeks.
As for the R1 people racing them already have got theirs in, but are not allowed to mention this to press or show pictures or else they will be fined by Yamaha :?

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
burgerkin said:
cbrf41999 said:
:?:
well not over here, first shipment ZX10R's shall arrive in 2 or 3 weeks.
As for the R1 people racing them already have got theirs in, but are not allowed to mention this to press or show pictures or else they will be fined by Yamaha :?
If you go over to the R1 forum Burgerkin you'll see alot of pics of people picking up their R1s.
S.O.B.s :evil:

·
Registered
155 Posts
funny how people are getting their bikes yet no HP readings or riding impressions.... I know its coming but just funny.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Andy said:
If you go over to the R1 forum Burgerkin you'll see alot of pics of people picking up their R1s.
S.O.B.s :evil:
ok, well this was just what I read on some Dutch forum and I haven't seen an 04 R1 in the shops over here as yet. But to be honest I am not really interested in R1's :twisted:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
My friendly local Honda dealer said they are not scheduled to get the CBR1000RR until April. Then he added that he didn't really expect to see it until May. The '04 Suzuki GSX-R1000 is already here. The Yamaha shop is thinking April for the R1. The Kawasaki dealer has no idea and was wishing that I had news for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts