Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping you guys can help... I just finished putting my motor back on the bike. Everything connected, no codes, oil level good, coolant good, clutch engages properly, etc.

I start the bike, let it run for 5 minutes. I get on just seat and tank, no other plastics. Ride around my complex making sure it goes through the gears fine, brakes, no crazy noises, blah, blah. All of a sudden the motor just seizes up... Like a quick squeeching noise and the motor seizes. I pull in the clutch, hit the start button and the motor fires right up as if I just came outside getting ready for a ride. I take back off again, make another circle around my complex. Get back to the garage, it does it again, just seizes up. I put it in neutral, hit the start button... It fires right up.

I have no clue on what this could be... Anyone ever experienced this before?

·
Registered
578 Posts
one possible good thing... it isn't "seizing" as you say it is, if it turns over, starts right up immediately. seizing means, it ran so hot, or ran out of oil, and the pistons stuck to the sides of the cylinders.

it could be a lot of things, electrical connection, fuel pump, ground wire ect.. I wish you good luck. Ski

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
one possible good thing... It isn't "seizing" as you say it is, if it turns over, starts right up immediately. Seizing means, it ran so hot, or ran out of oil, and the pistons stuck to the sides of the cylinders.

It could be a lot of things, electrical connection, fuel pump, ground wire ect.. I wish you good luck. Ski
:+1:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
As Skidoo said, it's not seizing up. If that happened, the motor would be junk as it would be permanently locked up and no way it would turn over again. BUT, it sounds like it's got serious issues nevertheless.

What did you take apart on the motor? Where is the screeching noise coming from? Left side, right side, front, etc? Does it exhibit this behavior with the motor running but not moving?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Split the cases to replace the transmission and also replaced the starter. It has only done this while I was test riding, don't know if it will do it while just sitting and idling... Haven't tried that yet. Noise sound as if it's coming from the lower left side while sitting on the bike. This isn't just a electrical or fuel shut down. The reason I say seized is because, it literally does seize on shut down sort of like mechanical brake is being applied.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds sort like the deadman brake on a Dyno drum... But it's all or a sudden and instant. As soon as I hear the squeeching that's it, motor shuts down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts