Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is reffering to a gen. 1, i was curious to just how noisy our motors are...is there any known issues with the timing chains? cuz i swear i can hear mine when i rev it up to like 5grand...it goes away when riding past 5k...normal? :dontknow:

·
Registered
126 Posts
How many miles are on the motor?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
the 1st gen and the motor has all kinds of noises and ticks going on......i think it's normal

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's the nature of the beast my man. They are a noisy motor. You'll get used to it. If it bothers you then sell it and buy something else or a newer Gen. That's what happens when a motor makes 13.5:1 compression. Things tick and clack.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha i know they get noisy, i've just been a little paranoid this past week with other stuff going on...and bikes sound so much different when you listen to them without a helmet on, you can hear every single tick

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
noise

i assembled my own motor, valves adjusted to the same .001, everything right, was not going to have a noisey motor, still sounds like a pea thrasher compared to any bike i ever owned idling. we have hollow cams, thin lightweight engine covers, cct that click and a lot of piston rock in the bore. just the way it is. im still adjusting to the noise, but getting used to it. sure sounds sweet when the revs go up though.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Mine was quiet for about 5 miles after rebuilding the top end. Now it makes all kinds of noise. It doesn't matter, my 1st gen still puts down 160 at the rear wheel with 31K miles on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts