Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long winter, I tried to put my bike to life.....

It's a 2004 zx-10r, race cam timing 106.5 Intake, 102 Exhaust. Full Akrapovic line, Thin head gasket, second butterfly of throttle body put out, PCIII etc.

Well it's start for sure, but idle at 7,000 rpm or so.

The butterfly of the throttle body closed throttle respond well, but hey it will not want to idle at all.

Look at the throttle body everything works O.K reoil the thing tried again same problem WTF.

I got another throttle body I'm going to try.....

Is that possible the fuel pump push too much gas (too much pressure ?) or the injector are wide open for some reason ?

Or one of Fu... sensors just send a wrong signal and tell to the motor to turn 7,000 rpm.

Every connection are there and seem O.K but i will recheck all in case of corrosion.

Any help.....

·
Registered
718 Posts
It wouldn't run with closed throttle if it was just dumping fuel.

Your throttle isn't closing all the way

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,975 Posts
I'm a +2 on this for the throttle not closing. Is your TPS out of adjustment now? How are you verifying that the main throttle plates are really fully closing? Something is holding them open for some reason. Is the idle screw too far in now that you've had the TBs off?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep as said the throttle closing freely. The cable and the handle run freely. When the tank are removed and I play with the throttle everything close rapidly and at is place. Completely close when throttle are off.

So that's why I think it's weird.

THere's a little adjustment with a screw on the throttle body who could interfere with the closing. I will unscrew it to see if it change something.

Or something I don't understand who open the butterfly only when the engine turn.

Next thing will be fixing my little camera to see what's happen under the tahnk when motor turn

Yes it's really weird.

And you are right something open because the motor couldn't work without air it will stalled.

Any other idea

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Even if you have removed the secondary throttles, the shaft that actuates them and its motor are still there and working. This motor also operates a mechanism that cracks open the main throttles when the secondary throttle shaft has the secondary throttles in the "open" position. This is how your cold-start fast-idle works.

Make sure all that is working and that the secondary throttle actuators and shaft are not binding up.

I ran with secondary throttles out for some time, then put them back in - and had issues with the shaft binding. It will not trip a malfunction warning until it gets really bad.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Little test with camera hook under the tank will show me what's happen.

But Go Faster I was suspecting something like that.

But when the tank are removed and I saw the throttle body and put the key on the little jerky sound just move the shaft of the secondary butterfly (not there anymore) and going back to it's place.

So there's something happen just when the motor are running.

The shaft of the secondary butterfly are straight and run freely.

I will check all this another time.

Next move will be put the other throttle body and see if same issue happen.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the problem are resolved. The little screw who adjust the idle was too much screwed.

Unscrew it resolved the problems.

I always think of something really wrong and sometime it's really easy. To much wrenching time caused that I guess.

Thanks everybody.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,975 Posts
Well the problem are resolved. The little screw who adjust the idle was too much screwed.

Unscrew it resolved the problems.

I always think of something really wrong and sometime it's really easy. To much wrenching time caused that I guess.

Thanks everybody.
I mentioned that above in my previous post
SkyDork said:
Is the idle screw too far in now that you've had the TBs off?
The only thing that does is keep the main butterflies from fully closing, so everyone else who stated that the throttle wasn't actually closing all the way was also correct.

Just something to be aware of like you say, when you look directly at the problem and can't really see it. It's easy to overlook the simple things. Sometimes it helps to step back and think about it and try the easy stuff first.

Glad you got it fixed and it wasn't something major. :ayyy:

Reactions: wotsitts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts