Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I have some bad news. Some internal motor parts decided that they no longer wanted to remain inside of the case and chose to try to escape. A rod snapped and lodged itself in the case, and the piston that had been connected to that rod shattered. The head also suffered some damage and other misc parts also received significant damage. The case is going to have to be replaced as well as basically every thing else. Anyway sorry it took so long to post up what went wrong but now you know. It looks like my super motor will have to wait. I think I'll just have to go with another stock motor and save some money up. I am just glad that when all of this went down the bike remained upright and my ass remained off of the pavement. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Glad to hear you made it okay.
Are you going to be selling any salvagable parts off the old motor?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spacecoast 10R said:
Glad to hear you made it okay.
Are you going to be selling any salvagable parts off the old motor?
Thanks, and no not selling anything for a few reasons but the main one is there isn't much left that's salvagable.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Why did the motor let go?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1killer1liter said:
Why did the motor let go?
good question. :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Did you have nitrous?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
maze said:
Thanks, and no not selling anything for a few reasons but the main one is there isn't much left that's salvagable.
Just curious, after my incident this morning i'm looking for the pulsing cover on the right lower side of the engine case. That's why I was asking.

Good luck with the new motor.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spacecoast 10R said:
Just curious, after my incident this morning i'm looking for the pulsing cover on the right lower side of the engine case. That's why I was asking.

Good luck with the new motor.
Thanks and I didn't want to come off like a dick, so sorry if I did.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That may have been the culprit.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
maze said:
Thanks and I didn't want to come off like a dick, so sorry if I did.
No you didn't come across that way at all. :smile:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1killer1liter said:
That may have been the culprit.
Lets just say that if I was to have had nos than I would have had the bike tuned to the t for use. And lets say that I did do just that and when I went to spray it, it didn't work quite as it should have. Now I am not saying that that is what happened but it could have. Than yes those events could have played a major role in the issue. And again I am not trying to come off like a jack ass so sorry if I am.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm picking up what you're laying down.....jackass. J/k

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1killer1liter said:
I'm picking up what you're laying down.....jackass. J/k
:wink:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
maze said:
Lets just say that if I was to have had nos than I would have had the bike tuned to the t for use. And lets say that I did do just that and when I went to spray it, it didn't work quite as it should have. Now I am not saying that that is what happened but it could have. Than yes those events could have played a major role in the issue. And again I am not trying to come off like a jack ass so sorry if I am.
owww... my head hurts from reading that

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey rspec, what does that stand for?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts