Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh I was watching the race today on FOX 1 channel only because the member, "R/T Performance", texted me and informed me he was there watching the race live, in person..
..first thing I hear from the announcer was the riders wanted it repaved and the raceway would probably do with it if moto GP was to return for at least 4 more years.. Which it is said to be the plan. I enjoyed todays race. I thought Nicky Hayden did a funny move at the end too that was worth noting.. xxxxx won it, and it was kinda cool.. they say he loves America now. lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
They better repave that place, I could visibly see the bikes chattering all over the place, that can't be fun
Your right, it looks pretty sketchy out there in a few places right now. I think they do plan on repaving though.

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
..first thing I hear from the announcer was the riders wanted it repaved and the raceway would probably do with it if moto GP was to return for at least 4 more years.. Which it is said to be the plan.

Yeah, I think I said that too...doh! :dontknow: Lorenzo stated it was the one thing he was disappointed about this track, simply the horrible pavement. I think at least from one rider its a good message to the owners :heyyou: of the track. With all the revenue just from the races held on 8-19-2013, they can more than afford to do it.

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The announcer mentioned there were over 60,000 in attendance... Not bad IMO but it didn't look like it...

Unlike other sports, in racing you are not contained in a relatively small area..So logically it will look less crowded,. but put everyone that was there in an arena and then you can see what crammed is all about. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I didn't attend the race, but rode downtown friday and saturday. I am glad its coming back.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was there and had a great time.
there was tons of people there just not many in the stands.
Most in the infield area's a lot of off track fun and freebies.
I bought just 1 day general admission for the three of us that went.
The new electric bikes are awesome I am now in search of a sponsored ride on one.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Also on the repave most the infield area non nascar formula track look pretty smooth but are flat elevation would be cool and they also plan to redo turn 3 and 4 that most the riders dislike I believe it uses the pit road exit from the cars

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude I know the clips you sent me on your phone were not that long but dang the electric bikes were so damn stealthy.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
The announcer mentioned there were over 60,000 in attendance... Not bad IMO but it didn't look like it...
I think it holds over 300,000 there so 60,000 looks like nothin. I agree though, I think thats a decent number considering the economy here and also the relatively small number of actual enthusiests in the U.S.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Oh I was watching the race today on FOX 1 channel only because the member, "R/T Performance", texted me and informed me he was there watching the race live, in person..
..first thing I hear from the announcer was the riders wanted it repaved and the raceway would probably do with it if moto GP was to return for at least 4 more years.. Which it is said to be the plan. I enjoyed todays race. I thought Nicky Hayden did a funny move at the end too that was worth noting.. Marc won it, and it was kinda cool.. they say he loves America now. lol
Thanks for letting those of us know who won, not everyone has gotten a chance to watch yet...that was sarcasm too btw...

·
Banned
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for letting those of us know who won, not everyone has gotten a chance to watch yet...that was sarcasm too btw...

I was really hoping someone would go track it down, watch the end and watch what hayden did to his own teammate and comment on it.

As for attendance, yeah given what Indianapolis holds vs what was there it may seem kinda small but Now that FOX1 is on board, hopefully interest will grow with new viewers in the USA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts