Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I dont think funding from moto gp would hurt wsbk at all, but if there are a bunch of new rules added or changes to the current structure its going to ruin wsbk, which on average is THE MOST ENTERTAINING motorcycle racing around

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I thought they were already somehow connected since they're both FIM. Shows what I know...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I agree... not good at all. Thats like nascar buying the INDY Cart series. Unecessary changes would be made to the recenly "bought" organization. :headshake

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Bad idea for us fans smart business for FIM. FIM going to 1000cc bikes next year puts them into direct competition with WSBK. So if FIM buys WSBK then I would think rules would be put into place for WSBK so they could never be running bikes that would possibly compete with the MotoGP bikes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not good, awhile back there was talk of Infront suing Dorna over their decision to go to 1000cc production based engines for next year, this is just probably Dorna's way of ensuring no trouble from Infront. If they bought it I bet they would just shut WSBK down and blame it on the economy. I for one enjoy having two top tier bike racing series to watch...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I do not like this idea at all.
Would MotoGp go to a 2 race format if this did happen?
I cant take it this is going to suck for us.
A good way to fill spots and water down the field. I am going to hope it doesn't happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts