1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
damn that sucks, and that is just scary when you know you are fucked

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
this is from http://www.autoshortnews.com/motorcycle-racing-board-colleague-starting-line-shocking-video/

Terrible accident during a motorcycle race held in the Netherlands. One of the participants could not start, apparently due to a malfunction of the vehicle. Although he reported this, holding hands high, another competitor broke down, and a third rider simply passed over it! Board rider suffered serious injuries: two broken legs, pelvis fracture, internal bleeding and muscle tears. He already had several surgeries and is artificially induced coma. His condition is critical.
Talk about a shitty day!!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I hope he does make it. Sound like another rider screwed up and cause the mess. look like as he held his arm up. a rider clip him which made him fall off the bike.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Damn that sucks!!!!! not trying to make light of the situation BUT after seeing that, i would want to start at the back of the field EVERYTIME!! hope he pulls thru the coma.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Starting grids getting too crowded. The guys should do something about this in order to avoid this kind of accidents. if you look at this particular one not only is crowded but the to track itself is really narrow. If you watch Moto2 you find this kind of accidents are quite often.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Starting grids getting too crowded. The guys should do something about this in order to avoid this kind of accidents. if you look at this particular one not only is crowded but the to track itself is really narrow. If you watch Moto2 you find this kind of accidents are quite often.

Yeah no shit Moto2 is stupid they got like what 60+ on the grid? fuck that! they need to be more selective in the Q! your asking for riders to get hurt!

·
Registered
160 Posts
They usually have around 40 bikes at the start, it comes down to 30 by the 1st lap lol

Dorna (the championship organizer) had over 80 applications from teams trying to get into moto2 before the start of the season, so they had to decline about half of that.

The only way they have to get the numbers down a bit is just by capping the total ammount of racers for each race. Qualifying usually has just about 3 secs between first and last, thats not enough for the 107% rule to become active.

Anyway Moto2 has become the reason for me to wake up sooner at sundays, its been alot more enjoyable than MotoGP. Yes there have been crashes, but there havent been serious injuries and hey, thats bike racing, its bound to have crashes. Doesnt really matter if its 40+ or 17 (like MotoGP), crashes and injuries will happen regardless, just ask De Puniet.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
They usually have around 40 bikes at the start, it comes down to 30 by the 1st lap lol

Dorna (the championship organizer) had over 80 applications from teams trying to get into moto2 before the start of the season, so they had to decline about half of that.

The only way they have to get the numbers down a bit is just by capping the total ammount of racers for each race. Qualifying usually has just about 3 secs between first and last, thats not enough for the 107% rule to become active.

Anyway Moto2 has become the reason for me to wake up sooner at sundays, its been alot more enjoyable than MotoGP. Yes there have been crashes, but there havent been serious injuries and hey, thats bike racing, its bound to have crashes. Doesnt really matter if its 40+ or 17 (like MotoGP), crashes and injuries will happen regardless, just ask De Puniet.

Well I see you don't race!.......... that a total non racers comment!

this kinda pisses me off, soooo just because it's dangerous who cares if they make it just a bit more so?............. come on man! you get out on the track with 30 other guys and see how you feel going into turn one! then I will put merit into your opinion until then it's just fucking dangerous!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well I see you don't race!.......... that a total non racers comment!

this kinda pisses me off, soooo just because it's dangerous who cares if they make it just a bit more so?............. come on man! you get out on the track with 30 other guys and see how you feel going into turn one! then I will put merit into your opinion until then it's just fucking dangerous!
Well I see you race!.............. At least are you a pro or just a totally amateur guy?

I'll put some merit in your opinion if you prove me you've entered ANY kind of world championship series, until then your just like anyone else.

Its kinda different the level in WORLD CLASS RACING that you have in your club racing weekend. Sure, its dangerous, but they arent rookies who never rode track before, or ever raced before. Their not trying to win the race in the first lap as you would see in your average club racing meetings. Even the wildcard entries at each gp are mostly experienced racers from other series, not just some average joe trying it out.
If you cant see the difference .... your problem :cool:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that was terrible, i hope that guy is ok.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts