Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Who will win the MotoGP championship in 08'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm going through a MotoGP racing withdrawal, so I thought I'd get to stirring the pot on the subject. Who do you think will win the championship on 08'? Will Stoner do the double? Will Rossi regain his crown thanks to the Bridgestones? Can Nicky overcome his struggles from last year? Or can Hopkins do the impossible and bring a championship to Kawasaki?

I wont put the whole lineup in the pole, because there is just no chance of some guys winning a championship, plus there is a limit to poll options..

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going with the reigning champ. Until someone steps it up a few notches it's hard to vote against him.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I'm going with the reigning champ. Until someone steps it up a few notches it's hard to vote against him.

:+1:

I'd put the whole line up in though. Who'd have thought that Stoner would win it last year? :dontknow:

Chris

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Not looking into my crystal ball this early.

They did soften the rules about tires allowed per rider at each race: MORE

rubber ..:cool:

Do not underestimate all the rookies (Lorenzo !! also JT..),

they gonna grab mucho points.

I'll be happy if Hopkins podium on half of the races.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yea 12 choices is ample given the field and odds of accomplishing the deed.

My choice was #69 as i believe the 08 bike shall fit him whereas the 07 did not so i expect a resurgence from NH.

BD

·
Banned
24 Posts
Can't remember where I heard the rumor, and I don't want to start one, but... Is Hopkins going to be riding a green machine in 08?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I actually think Rossi will make 1 more run for the championship....I think there is a lot of riders that can contend.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I think that if Rossi wins he'll call it quits. But its gonna be hard to beat Stoner.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
I say hopkins but wasn't given the option.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Rossi will regain the championship....Stoner can eat my ass ;)

P.S. Hopper will come in 2nd....'cause he's on a Kwak.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Let hope the Yamaha and Honda engineers come up with more competitive machinery this year.Stoners a great rider but the Duc was the dominant bike.

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
^ exactly, one bike/rider combo dominating like so ruins racing as a spectacle!

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I disagree. Capirossi was struggling to even get in the top ten all year. If it were the bike, he'd have been running top 5 with Stoner. More credit need to go to the rider in this case. That being said, I'd like to see the racing closer, like it was in 06'.

Let hope the Yamaha and Honda engineers come up with more competitive machinery this year.Stoners a great rider but the Duc was the dominant bike.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i'll root for hayden, but i think stoner will win it again. something major would have to change for rossi for him to challenege on a regular basis. and as said above, the rookies will grab quite a few points; i hope JT does well. hopper will hopefully bring some pride back the kawi garage, whens the last time they were even on the podium?!?

1 - 20 of 180 Posts