Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you would like to see the Motogp class go back 1000cc displacemnt prototype motors with considerably less traction control( more rider input )

Also allowing teams with less sponsors /funding to use 1000cc production based motors(Super, superbikes so to speak) with MotoGP chassis

·
Registered
540 Posts
How many of you would like to see the Motogp class go back 1000cc displacemnt prototype motors with considerably less traction control( more rider input )

Also allowing teams with less sponsors /funding to use 1000cc production based motors(Super, superbikes so to speak) with MotoGP chassis
I would

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I don't typically watch moto gp simply because I find no real connection to street bikes, just engineer wet dream project. The limit change will give more connection and close the gap a bit with the heavier riders. I mean I sure there's somebody whose better than rossi but just to heavy.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JlG good observation right now due to such high orner speeds 130 seems to be the numer (weight wise ) Copled with the fact the rider has to be exceptionally strong for a 130 pound man . t Does cut the field down for top tier riders.

Cesar with that avtar pic I think your up for anything lol.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'm here on the boat too...I would love to see this, but I highly doubt it...But hey that magic number "130" I'm not far off lol... "135" on a 09 zx10r lol

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I think they need to have a rider weight limit to make things truely competitive. I mean personally I wanna get into some sort of racing but being 6 feet which is no mean tall is a handicap aswell as being between 180-200 pounds with gear. I mean I could drop to like 150 if I really wanted to but then I'd have to play the I got cancer card at the club. The best example I can give to this is I was go kart racing with a buddy and he was .2 seconds faster per lap than me but I weigh 40-45 pounds more than him, and with 5 hp I'm just screwed but clearly I am the better driver. Just wait till the stupid light 70 pound asian girls get in sbk and moto gp lol.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JLG as much as I feel your pain being 6-4 240 lbs lol . To ahandicap by rider weight would be too complex from week to week . And we being larger wouldnt have the reflexes a smaller person would . i was gifted as a boxer when younger but wanted to race bikes when young but knew it wasnt in the cards no mattere how big my balls wher lol

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
i don't think it would be that difficult. They could make special suit with removable weights everywhere. Lighter riders would still have an advantage as they could put weight in better areas. Could also add more protection.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^:spit: :crackup:

Shit for me to match say jake318 240-250 pounds I would have to put 105 pounds on me :headshake

Being 5-10 to 5-11 and a runner caused me to be small. But when out riding everytime I just realized why I still like being small...:eek:ccasion1

thats how the name feather came into play with a lot of people I know...

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
ok well I don't mean to match everybody cause unfortunately thats not realistic of course but maybe they could weigh all the riders at the beginning the season and reach a good average. It's just a thought it'll probably never happen. But on the other hand this has given me a wicked idea for racers. Now I need some capital. lol.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If they were to race in a format like that I would be more inclined to watch it. Now they have no connection to me or my bike

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love to watch the rider skill and technology of the bike . those riders are just the best in the world period . im an Odd duck i either like the highes form of tech MoGP or my buel/ harley old anchor engine with old fashioned high lift cams ect , Hot rod . The Chassis is to be the the best though . No use riding around with lousey handling . Unless your crusing down the highway

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think there just needs to be a fuel limit per race that way they could build what ever motor they want but it would all be about getting the mpg on the track.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think there just needs to be a fuel limit per race that way they could build what ever motor they want but it would all be about getting the mpg on the track.
There is, 21 liters. :thumbsup:

Even if they were to go to 1000cc motors, they could keep the 21L capacity. With the 800s they're WOT more often than with the 990s and therefore traction control as well = worse MPG. The 800s are actually using more gas than the 990s. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I rarely watch gp as well. There's no bar bangin - it's not exciting to watch one lead change and the next five riders just follow in line for the duration of the race. No doubt the riders are at the top of the skill level in the world, but I want to see some action. That's what made WSBK this year so great, getting to see Spies and Nori side by side more often than separated by multiple seconds. It's almost as bad as the past few years of the Suzuki cup (AMA pre-dmg days).

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I too think MOTO GP is boring to watch.
But I will have ever watch it next!
I think some rule changes and some more action would definitely help

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
changing to 1000cc format changes the winning riding style to a point and shoot meathod . Thus more riders would be competitive and you get close handlebar to handebar racing . The ultra high corner speed racing style we have now in MotoGP is good for only extreamly strong ( for there size) 130lbs guys with extream talent . How many people fit that bill?

·
Registered
265 Posts
racing of any sort is and always has been that... talent doesnt get you in, exposure+talent+money gets you in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts