Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, in here I will try to post updates as we learn of them so we can see what 2010 is shaping up to be. Those with a - next to their name I do not know, help me out and I'll post regular updates!

Since teams change sponsors, come, and sometimes go, its MUCH easier for me to go by rider name, so I'll do that:

2009 riders and their 2010 teams:

Jorge Lorenzo - Factory Fiat Yamaha
Niccolo Canepa - ???
Nicky Hayden - Factory Ducati
Loris Capirossi - Rizla Suzuki
James Toseland - Awaiting Tech3 Yamaha extension or release
Valentino Rossi - Factory Fiat Yamaha
Aleix Espargaro - ???
Gabor Talmacsi - ???
Mika Kallio - Awaiting Pramac Ducati extension or release
Marco Melandri - Gresini Honda
Casey Stoner - Factory Ducati
Tony Elias - ????
Alex De Angelis - released by Gresini Honda, still looking elsewhere
Chris Vermeulen - released by Rizla Suzuki, still looking elsewhere
Colin Edwards - Awaiting Tech3 Yamaha extension or release
Andrea Dovizioso - Factory Repsol Honda
Dani Pedrosa - Factory Repsol Honda

New riders:

Alvaro Bautista - Rizla Suzuki
Hector Barbera - Aspar Ducati
Marco Simoncelli - Gresini Honda
Ben Spies - ?????

·
Registered
890 Posts
Come on who doesnt want to see Rossi vs Spies ? Spies remindes me of a young Kevin Schwantz and Rossi is Wayne Rainey all the way . Did Spies flattrack when younger ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Baustista is going to Rizla Suzuki..... Auyoma might be getting a call as well. There will also be a new ducati team next year I believe run by Bautistas current team.

If spies does go to GP, he'll be on a Tech 3 Yamaha next year.... Yamaha won't let him get away I'm sure, and they've already stated that they have a spot for him on the team.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Any bets on Ben doing the same thing in GP as he did is WSBK?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Any bets on Ben doing the same thing in GP as he did is WSBK?
He's great, but there's no way he can do in motogp what he's doing in wsbk. Even he knows that. I read an interview a while back where he states his uncertainty of being competive in motogp given his size and weight. If I find it I'll post it. It was on superbikeplanet.com. Also I find it amusing ducati states that they're so happy to have secured hayden when he was in fact at least their 3rd choice. :lol: Good for him though.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He's great, but there's no way he can do in motogp what he's doing in wsbk. Even he knows that. I read an interview a while back where he states his uncertainty of being competive in motogp given his size and weight. If I find it I'll post it. It was on superbikeplanet.com. Also I find it amusing ducati states that they're so happy to have secured hayden when he was in fact at least their 3rd choice. :lol: Good for him though.
We will see Ben is a very humble guy he says allot of things to down play himself! i.e "Haga was pushing me the whole race and I was just trying to say in front of him" when in fact ben was what +9sec ahead of Haga

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Baustista is going to Rizla Suzuki..... Auyoma might be getting a call as well. There will also be a new ducati team next year I believe run by Bautistas current team.

If spies does go to GP, he'll be on a Tech 3 Yamaha next year.... Yamaha won't let him get away I'm sure, and they've already stated that they have a spot for him on the team.
Hmm, could have SWORE I put Rizla Suzuki down there. Oh well, I'll fix it!

As far as Spies, I think we're all pretty certain about Tech3 being the team if he does go, but I won't put it on there until its confirmed!

Nicky Hayden will stay with Ducati for 2010
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Sep/090903b.htm
Cool, I'll update the list!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Im interested in seeing what Bautista can do, i love to watch him race, he has a unique knack for catching the leaders no matter where he qualifies.

Im also stoked that Hayden is signing with Ducati again, good on them for understanding that all his hard work is for the long haul

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
We will see Ben is a very humble guy he says allot of things to down play himself! i.e "Haga was pushing me the whole race and I was just trying to say in front of him" when in fact ben was what +9sec ahead of Haga
I agree, he doesn't shoot his mouth off, but what he's saying does make sense. Reading this interview, he doesn't seem too interested, but who knows? I'd like to see him give it a go. But I just don't see him mowing rossi or lorenzo down on lesser equipment. But he does apparently have the tech 3 ride if he chooses. Hope he makes the right decision
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Aug/090818spiesinterviw.htm

Why not? Casey did it, and he was lucky to finish a race on the privateer honda....
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see spies go over there and give 'em hell, but the tech 3 yamaha is no factory ducati. And spies does not have the 250cc background it seems to take to cut it in motogp, unlike the current top riders(rossi, pedrosa, lorenzo, stoner). I do think spies would impress, but to think he'd go to gp and dominate as he has in wsbk is absurd. By the way, the motogp riders I listed are the only ones I can think of who truly competes for the championship and all are on full factory equipment and all are ex-250 riders.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think that the Rossi -Spies bout may be epic . Rossi is a one foR the all of fame . But speed wise I dont see him as the likes of Roberts Spencer , Schwantz and Rainey . I dont think Rossi himself feels he has that speed . Spies is new but has an advantage of being used to banging fairings lap after lap . Rossi isnt up for fairing banging on a long term basis at this stage of the game . Time will tell if Spies has the speed to get close enough to Rossi to exploite his heroics. jake

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think that the Rossi -Spies bout may be epic . Rossi is a one foR the all of fame . But speed wise I dont see him as the likes of Roberts Spencer , Schwantz and Rainey . I dont think Rossi himself feels he has that speed . Spies is new but has an advantage of being used to banging fairings lap after lap . Rossi isnt up for fairing banging on a long term basis at this stage of the game . Time will tell if Spies has the speed to get close enough to Rossi to exploite his heroics. jake
Not sure how to feel about that comment, Rossi loves to fuck with people, look what he's been doing to Lorenzo... What he did to Milandri and Biaggi, and Stoner last year.... He hasn't won 8 world titles by not rubbing elbows.

·
Registered
890 Posts
AM im not saying he wont bang around . But it seems like Spies doesnt mind doing it from the first lap till the last . Rossi backs off aftr awhile . Thats probably why hes still in the game lol. jake

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rossi being the champion and competitor he is, I predict he stays in MotoGP until he beats Giacomo Agostini's all-time record of 122 GP wins. He wants to be the G.O.A.T. But still, that's not to say if the new rules and regulations introduced in MotoGP are not favorable he might consider a World Superbike ride once his contract is up at the end of 2010. Casey Stoner has even expressed the same thought and muttered hints about not being happy and taking a wage cut to ride in WSBK. Can you picture that...Stoner and Haga on 1198s with Rossi and Spies on R1s? Speaking of Ben Spies, I think with the new rule which does not allow rookies to race for factory teams. He will stay in WSBK. He has already expressed the fact that he is a factory team rider and nothing less. All in all, I believe the fate of each of their perspective race careers will be decided in 2010 with results from that decision coming to fruition in 2011.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gabor Talmacsi who replaced Yuki Takahashi for the rest of the 2009 season should return with Scot Racing Team. Unless they can not survive the global recession and withdraw completely from the grid in 2010. Which I highly doubt now that Mol, a Hungarian oil and natural gas company, has sign on as the team's main sponsor.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Texas Terror and Texas Tornado :thumbsup:

Toseland should be the odd man out.

Yamaha's objective was simply: Make him a offer he can't refuse.
If he doesn't win on the Tech3 YZR-M1, he'll be vying for a factory ride. IMO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts