Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
No clue on this one but it seems almost as expensive as the OEM cowl. Ofcourse OEM wont give you the CF finish.

Personally, i saved a lot of bucks and went the ebay way for one of them Chinese replicas. Cost peanuts in comparison and barring a slight colour mismatch (i chose green) which can only been seen on very close inspection, it fits and works fine. The ebay ones had a CF option as well as far as I remember.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Vroom. I wasn't able to gather much info on the Chinese versions. I understood it was a hitn'miss type thing.
My local Kawasaki shop will most likely hook me up with a nice discount on an OEM if I decide to buck up. I like having some real carbon fibre on my bike so I will look into it a bit more.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I got the ebay one myself I was not too happy, here is the link. I purchased the $60 one, and the fitment has large air gaps between the cowl and the bike. The carbon fiber or whatever the material, has pitting in it and does not have a nice shine to it. Maybe that could be fixed with a good wax or clay bar idk. Also the top of the cowl had a bow in it as well that was what really got me, just stood out from like 10 feet away if the light hit it right. There is a thread by zx10archer where he spent a good amount of time compering oem and ebay ones.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_...id=262694544076&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Has anyone purchased one of these?
I am just wondering how it fits? quality level.

thanks!
Just make sure you find it all from the same supplier so that the CF colors, weaves, direction all matches. I know how you gsxr boys like to look pretty

also, cmon man, its almost 2018, you can return it if it doesn't fit, saddle up son

·
Registered
56 Posts
No clue on this one but it seems almost as expensive as the OEM cowl. Ofcourse OEM wont give you the CF finish.

Personally, i saved a lot of bucks and went the ebay way for one of them Chinese replicas. Cost peanuts in comparison and barring a slight colour mismatch (i chose green) which can only been seen on very close inspection, it fits and works fine. The ebay ones had a CF option as well as far as I remember.
I got the same in Mat Black... Fit and finish are great.. $200 for the OEM that should have came with the bike anyway's.. Is just stupid to me.. Love my ZX.. But Kawi can kiss my ass on this one..

RC

·
Registered
718 Posts
I got the same in Mat Black... Fit and finish are great.. $200 for the OEM that should have came with the bike anyway's.. Is just stupid to me.. Love my ZX.. But Kawi can kiss my ass on this one..

RC
Which one did you get? Wpuld love to find one that matched in matte for my 16 and doesn't fit like garbags.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Which one did you get? Wpuld love to find one that matched in matte for my 16 and doesn't fit like garbags.
It's been awhile... Let me go back in my purchase files and see if I kept info on it.. I think it was like $20 bucks del from China..

RC

·
Registered
56 Posts
As an add-on to the OP... I have done business with moto composites in the past. Got a CF Tail Cowl for my 999R and my painter painted it almost to OEM specs.. The price was pretty darn good, Quality was great.. They did warn me about lead time and they were correct as it was a custom order. That was my experience with this vendor, and I would say it was a good one.

RC

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here ya go..

Rear Seat Cover Cowl For Kawasaki Nijia ZX10R ZX10-R 2016 MBlack

ITEM PRICE:
US $27.39*
See description
ITEM ID:
SELLER:
areyourshop-y (14446)
98.6% positive feedback
*Converted from C $34.71.

RC

·
Registered
85 Posts
For the price of that carbon fiber tail you can pick up the original one at Partzilla, I wanted to try those Ebay one but I know I'm just gonna hate them later.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Here ya go..

ITEM PRICE:
US $27.39*
See description
ITEM ID:
SELLER:
areyourshop-y (14446)
98.6% positive feedback
*Converted from C $34.71.

RC

Awesome, how was the color match?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks RC51 -05
I'm looking at a few carbon fiber pieces I will be sure to give them a go!

·
Registered
169 Posts

RC
Hey

The seller at ebay from who I got the cowl is "kayakarctic-store"

Good lead time on shipping and overall I am quite happy with the fit and finish....specially considering how wrong few of these can turn out to be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts