Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have any insight on who is going to fill Roger Hayden's shoes in the 2019 season? I have heard speculation but can't find anything that confirms who the new Yoshimura factory rider is. I would love to see Hayes or Herrin both of which are unlikely.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Valentin Debise was testing the Yosh bike at Fontana over the weekend so it seems like it will be a team with two foreign riders. Too bad, it would have been very appropriate for JD to get that seat. Hayes is now too old for this so and he needs to make room new blood. Herrin is definitely staying with Attack for next year, per his own comments, and it's cool because he's my favorite underdog. With a bit more luck than this year, he will be fighting for the championship. Since JD has no seat as of yet and as much as I'd love to see him racing state-side, it would be super cool for him to go rep US in Moto2.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I know Hayes is on the upper end of his career but per his own words he did not want to retire racing motorcycles. I heard the same thing about the Debise test and he is very talented but would have loved to see an american rider on the factory team! JD would be an awesome pick and I wish him the best wherever he ends up. Herrin's interview end of season stated his future with Attack but wonder if he was offered the Yosh bike would he take it? I hardly think of Herrin as an underdog. He is one of the most exciting riders to watch! Always on the edge and is the only one last year to make Elias and Cam sweat!

Is the Debise test the verdict? I also heard he crashed the bike in test but don't know how true that is. Have others tested the Yosh bike?

If Cam races across seas this year that would open up a factory Yamaha ride and JD would have to be the perfect candidate in my opinion.

Excited to see the line up for 2019 MA!

When will Kawi make a factory team for the states!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i think jd is going to flat track for what i hear its way more money than moto america was paying (crazy right ) the yoshimura ride probably debise is going to end up keeping it

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Crazy to think flat trackers get paid what they do but then again, I raced a little flat track when I was younger and I think it's far more dangerous then a circuit! Losing JD to the dirt would suck only because I want to see what he can do in his prime on a superbike! Following the money is what we all would do tho.

Hope we have more than Herrin and Elias battling for the lead this 2019. Maybe Debise can get in the mix but time will tell... Would love to see MA grow into a class to aim for instead of a stepping stone to the world levels.

·
Registered
903 Posts
The only reason I consider Herrin an underdog is because he's technically on an inferior bike. Yamaha factory outspends Attack considerably so Herrin has to work harder so keep Factory boys honest and he does it admirably. As for Hayes, I know he said he doesn't want to retire but honestly, with all of the respect I have for him and what he'd accomplished, it's time to move on--just like Roger did. Both guys are legends but the sport needs movement and with the same guys in the top 4-6 seats year after year, it hurts the sport by showing no incentive for young blood to keep hoping for a factory seat.

Now if Hayes puts together his own effort and goes racing, all power to him!

Next year, I think Gerloff will step it up as well. If Kawasaki manages to put together a Superbike program somehow, it would be great to see Andrew Lee on that bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Man JD leaving would suck! Him and Gilliam put on a hell of a show that last race this year.

"Next year, I think Gerloff will step it up as well. If Kawasaki manages to put together a Superbike program somehow, it would be great to see Andrew Lee on that bike."

I've been thinking Gerloff is gonna be one to watch out for next season too. YES Andrew Lee and Kawasaki definitely need to do something for sure. Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would absolutely love to see Lee on a Kawi ride! Gerloff has the pace to run with the front (and the bike of course) but he seemed to just fall off late in most of the races.

JD has got to be one of the most talented riders in the paddock and he will be great wherever he decides to go. As for Gilliam I'm pretty sure he's staying in Supersport next year but clearly another rider who has the talent to run with the best!

Lanister, I understand what you mean about Herrin. He is certainly out budgeted and it does make it more impressive to make the factory boys sweat! Hayes will always be a favorite of mine but having an up and coming rider fill the shoes of a legend is what needs to happen to help the sport grow. I agree with everything you are saying.

How about Scholtz? I know he was talked about for the Yosh ride as well as Jake Lewis.

The more I think about Debise on the Suzuki factory team the more it makes sense. What he was able to do on a GSXR 600 was impressive considering supersport is dominated by the R6. His talent backed by a factory team may be more impressive then my first thoughts.. Think I still just want to see an american on the bike but when it comes down to it, what I really want is to watch the best riders battling till the end. More then 2 or 3 riders as well.

You guys think 2019 MA will be a 2-3 man show or will it allow half a dozen riders plus fighting for the championship? Last year was fairly predictable top 5 every race. Certainly top 3!

·
Registered
903 Posts
From what I've been hearing, with Yamaha severely cutting their racing budgets and a lot of riders still looking for rides, the jury is still out on what we will see next year. But as always, things tend to shape up nicely as time draws closer to the start of the season. With holidays coming up and last season still fresh in our memories, things are moving slow and that's to be expected.

From what I heard, Scholtz is likely to return with Wesby Racing next year. I am super interested to see what Honda will have to show us. Will Rickdiculous hang on to Gillim? Will M4 hang on to Lewis? I think another name that hasn't been mentioned yet, and I would be very excited about it, is Sean Dylan Kelly. Sean (only 16y/o) had just finished his 3rd season in MotoGP Rookie's cup and returned to the native Florida. Following MA season finale, he tested Debise's M4 bike and was instantly fast--with this being his first time seeing Barber. Within some 12 laps, he was 2.5 seconds off Moto America weekend's fastest 600 times. Just a week ago, he won the Daytona Race of Champions with M4 team, beating Jake Lewis among others. So it's very likely that we'll see Sean Dylan Kelly (SDK) next year taking it to Gillim and others. I've actually met him earlier this year and he's an outstanding kid--who was bread to race in Europe among their very up-and-coming best.

https://www.instagram.com/seandylankelly/?hl=en

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sean Kelly looks the business! Watched some of his videos and I gotta say MA riders should be nervous! Would love to see some fresh talent and new faces next season! All i Know is it can't start soon enough!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sean Kelly looks the business! Watched some of his videos and I gotta say MA riders should be nervous! Would love to see some fresh talent and new faces next season! All i Know is it can't start soon enough!
that boy passed me on the banks at daytona like i was standing still, im thinking debise gets yoshimura and kelly gets the ride that he left behid BUT here is what i dont get, cory west on hes instagram posted a pic of him riding the m4 ecstar 600 soooo did he get the ride and kelly gets none ? or did macfadden (spelling) lost the ride ? :surprise: lets keep this going....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that boy passed me on the banks at daytona like i was standing still, im thinking debise gets yoshimura and kelly gets the ride that he left behid BUT here is what i dont get, cory west on hes instagram posted a pic of him riding the m4 ecstar 600 soooo did he get the ride and kelly gets none ? or did macfadden (spelling) lost the ride ? :surprise: lets keep this going....
I know Cory West filled in for Debise when he was injured at RA. Is that the pic on Instagram you saw? This forum is the only social media I have lol. No facebook, instagram etc..

Mcfadden, Kelly, and Debise all tested the Dunlop tires in September for the M4 team. If Debise goes to Yosh that would be Kelly's ride. Seems like Kelly and Mcfadden will be riding for the M4 team but who knows. That's just the recent news from the Dunlop test at Barber.

LOL on getting passed like your on jack stands by Kelly. #goals!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I know Cory West filled in for Debise when he was injured at RA. Is that the pic on Instagram you saw? This forum is the only social media I have lol. No facebook, instagram etc..

Mcfadden, Kelly, and Debise all tested the Dunlop tires in September for the M4 team. If Debise goes to Yosh that would be Kelly's ride. Seems like Kelly and Mcfadden will be riding for the M4 team but who knows. That's just the recent news from the Dunlop test at Barber.

LOL on getting passed like your on jack stands by Kelly. #goals!
this is what i saw but like i said im not sure sounds like it could be @ daytona we asked ulrich since i diud the team hammer school but we got a political response "were not sure and everyone will find out later" lol

kelly is fast! 1:54 at daytona not everyone can do it lap after lap :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea thats not from RA. After reading what he wrote, "new team" I'd say its safe to assume he has joined the M4 team. Well I am now in the same boat as you wondering what this means for Kelly and Mcfadden. I'm sure at some point an announcement will be made.

I don't think Kelly will have a hard time getting a ride if it isn't with the Suzuki team. Shit, If I had the money I would build a bike for him!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yea thats not from RA. After reading what he wrote, "new team" I'd say its safe to assume he has joined the M4 team. Well I am now in the same boat as you wondering what this means for Kelly and Mcfadden. I'm sure at some point an announcement will be made.

I don't think Kelly will have a hard time getting a ride if it isn't with the Suzuki team. Shit, If I had the money I would build a bike for him!
the people from hairy kiwi and bespoke have enough money to set the bike up and make the entire moto america series or maybe they get to use the bike and have the support from the ecstar team.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Scholtz has resigned with Westby racing for 2019, so that's settled at least. I'd love to see Westby racing switch to Kawasaki, or at least a few more competitive brands out there besides Yamaha and Suzuki.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So Scholtz will not be the new yosh factory rider, check. That still leaves Debise and Lewis. Anyone else come to mind?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
So Scholtz will not be the new yosh factory rider, check. That still leaves Debise and Lewis. Anyone else come to mind?
we would have to eliminate debise from coming back to m4 because what bike is he going to ride since we can assume cory west got the bike... all of this is just speculation and us having fun lol :grin2:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
we would have to eliminate debise from coming back to m4 because what bike is he going to ride since we can assume cory west got the bike... all of this is just speculation and us having fun lol :grin2:
Correct! Speculation. I'm waiting for a troll to come and rip into us for this conversation lol. What about Kyle Wyman? All the hard work he has put into making his own team and done very well as a "privateer" I feel he deserves a shot at a factory ride!

Kawi start a US Moto America team if your listening! With Lee and Wyman has your pilots! I would even buy t-shirts to support!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Correct! Speculation. I'm waiting for a troll to come and rip into us for this conversation lol. What about Kyle Wyman? All the hard work he has put into making his own team and done very well as a "privateer" I feel he deserves a shot at a factory ride!

Kawi start a US Moto America team if your listening! With Lee and Wyman has your pilots! I would even buy t-shirts to support!
not a fan of wyman :dontknow: LOL and we need a troll to come to spice things up lol maybe hes got more info all i got is from she said he said from the paddock in daytona and kawi in moto america that would be a dream come true and i would have to vote for my boy mesa to be piloting that :grin2::grin2:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts