Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aligning with FIM seems like a great solution. Gives a pretty clear path for US talent to go to International series, or even run wildcards when they come to Laguna. I'm excited to see what this new series brings to the industry :thumbsup:
100% agreed Animal. I think its a serious step in the right direction as far as bringing up talent to compete on the world stage.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Any word on if the series will be televised?
I guess that is one of the Keys to getting racing back in America...the other is having a reason to go to your local Track to see new and up and becoming racers that may one day become Ben Spies or Nicky Hayden....if that happens I don't care about the TV so much just give a better race platform that will take me out of my Rock to actually go watch one. :idea::wink:

Bloo

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess that is one of the Keys to getting racing back in America...the other is having a reason to go to your local Track to see new and up and becoming racers that may one day become Ben Spies or Nicky Hayden....if that happens I don't care about the TV so much just give a better race platform that will take me out of my Rock to actually go watch one. :idea::wink:

Bloo
Agreed 100% Bloo. If the sport is going to survive its going to be us as fans getting out there to the races and spending a few dollars. Give us some good racing and we will come back for more.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Agreed 100% Bloo. If the sport is going to survive its going to be us as fans getting out there to the races and spending a few dollars. Give us some good racing and we will come back for more.
I also think that being able to follow the series when it is away from your home area would create more long term fans. Fans would be able to follow there favorite riders the entire season. We can gain new fans that wouldnt normaly come out to the track if they could follow on TV and get excited when the series is close to home.

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
Info on the KTM RC390 Cup series. This could really help bring up new riders from American soil.
This new series is pretty awesome, especially with the winner being supported to go race in Europe.

It's interesting that they are still running the superbike team as I thought KTM had discontinued the bike?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Definitely looking forward to seeing how they manage things! Last round I went to was Barber last year. It was such a mess (like always!!).

I remember standing in line at the credentials building, waiting to get my GF her pass (I had the hard-card but she came and needed a crew pass). You should have heard the discussions from every single team that was there doing the same thing.

They didn't open until about 7:20 AM and first practice session was 8:00 AM!!!

So if your crew member was trying to get his credential, you didn't make your first session. And there had to be 20 teams there in line with us trying to get it handled.

Hope this goes well!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts