Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen a manufacturer that makes a Moto GP style exhaust for 04/05 10's? (like the new GSXR600 and R6)

i want one on my 10..................

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Take a look underneath the bike in the vicinity of where you want to put the muffler (where the GSXR and R6 have hidden theirs). It's filled with suspension linkage ...

·
Registered
78 Posts
rossiFan said:
those racelift mega's are badass. are they street legal, and can we get 'em in the US?
I can guarantee you those aren't street legal. But no aftermarket exhaust really is.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
There are a couple of people on this forum that have the mega. They say it is pretty loud but worth it. Can costs about 800.00 bills to the door.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Let us know how it affects power; people have said that the reduced backpressure can affect power and harm valves, but it owuld be nice to hear first hand how it all works. We just got a new mig welder at work and I am dying to try my hand at fabricating one; it will probably take me a hundred times though. :badteeth:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am researching the possiblity of valve damage with a non restricted slip on.... i never really though about it. i will give a full report on installation, sound, power, etc...

worried about the valve deal now...

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I think the dB will be extremely excessive to the point of being beyond the threshold of pain :-/

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Slo Poke said:
i am researching the possiblity of valve damage with a non restricted slip on.... i never really though about it. i will give a full report on installation, sound, power, etc...

worried about the valve deal now...
I remember reading someone say the short exhaust can lead to cold air getting easily sucked back into the engine when you shut it down and that rapid cooling can effect the valves. I may just be talking out of my ass because I surely am no expert.

·
Registered
164 Posts
GoFaster said:
I think the dB will be extremely excessive to the point of being beyond the threshold of pain :-/
I have a slash cut on my 10 at a stand still it is a bit ragity sounding but when you pop it in gear and the db's drop down there is nothing like it it is so close to a moto gp sounding bike. but then again mine is pure race

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
WOODYZX10R said:
you mean like this? here is a new one my friend has and it will available soon

I likey! Opens up the area between undertail and tire! Sweet.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
WOODYZX10R said:
you mean like this? here is a new one my friend has and it will available soon

I'd sell my c/f slip for that thing in a heartbeat. looks great:thumbsup:

can you give us some more details on it, woody ? ie: price, sound,etc...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Have any of you tried to tune with an open header? If not, you're wasting your time. You will lose power up to 5k rpm. It will run SUPER rich below 5k. Its not real easy to get a proper tune in the lower revs. You will be pulled over by more cops than you ever thought were in your area. I've spent many hours on the dyno, 5 of which have been recently trying to tune the stupid open header (I'm waiting for my Arata matte black, shorty, full system to get here). Don't waste your time or your money.

·
Registered
788 Posts
ArmyZX10 said:
I'd sell my c/f slip for that thing in a heartbeat. looks great:thumbsup:

can you give us some more details on it, woody ? ie: price, sound,etc...
he works at cycle cat and i would contact them, his name is Kasey

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Wide open (or negligibly baffled) exhaust systems are illegal (and irresponsible) on the street, and are against the rules of all known sanctioning bodies for roadracing with the exception of MotoGP. I don't see the point ...

Let's face it - noise is what attracts cops, noise is what gets neighbors angry, noise is what gets off-road riding areas shut down, noise is what makes it hard to build a new racetrack and hard to keep existing racetracks going.

Yep, I have the stock exhaust on mine, and it is staying that way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
GoFaster said:
Wide open (or negligibly baffled) exhaust systems are illegal (and irresponsible) on the street, and are against the rules of all known sanctioning bodies for roadracing with the exception of MotoGP. I don't see the point ...

Let's face it - noise is what attracts cops, noise is what gets neighbors angry, noise is what gets off-road riding areas shut down, noise is what makes it hard to build a new racetrack and hard to keep existing racetracks going.

Yep, I have the stock exhaust on mine, and it is staying that way.

WOW! this guy just made me feel bad. Everything he said IS so true. except for the stock pipe thing I couldnt restrict myself to that. But seriously with that in mind I am pulling off my slash cut pipe and putting the TI arrow full system I have hell its a 2800.00 system I might as well use it and its not even close to be as loud as the slash cut i have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts