Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The city has alot planned for the GP that weekend.
From downtown Indy up to the Broadripple area they plan on making it rider friendly and highly patrolled with the local PD,to help keep car traffic moving and bike friendly to the rider te city is trying to put on a good show for the rest of the country to see we aren't just a bunch of hick farmers and corn growers here in Indiana.
I know theres talk of cruising into the wee hours of the night 3-4am,and alot usually closed burger joints are going to be open.Organized day cruises around the Circle (kind of like the center of Indpls) filmed and made commercials out of to show off the local area.
Alot planned at the track and around the city for this one weekend.

·
Registered
317 Posts
motogp indy

glockt where is a good place to go out and check out the club scene or local bike night cant wait 7 of us from upstate ny coming over

·
Registered
794 Posts
How 'bout some pics when you get back road?

Bro, If I get the hook up from Polini Italy again like I did at Laguna Seca I will have plenty of Indy pics to post . We had complete uninterupted access to the entire Polini Tech 3 garage . We were able to sit in the chairs of James Toseland and Colin Edwards as the 2 crews tore the bikes down after the parctice sessions. It was a once in lifetime experience to be that close to the bikes and riders. On our right side was Nicky's garage and on the other we were next to Rossi .. We were on the INSIDE of the do not cross tape !! :eek:ccasion1
Here are some pick of the Laguna trip. A big thanks to Polini Italy for the hook up !!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
GREAT pics from Polini. Im not sure if I should be happy for the pics or pissed cause I didnt get to go!! HAVE A GREAT TIME ROAD and EVERYONE else who gets to go!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Myself and 6 friends going. Getting there friday morning but we have to leave right after the race on sunday, that sucks. Lot 1C

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
jimbob;
depending where your staying at;theres several hot spots around town here.
downtown is always jumping,usually on meridian street south of circle center.
broadripple (52nd street and college ave)area is always hopping caters to the college student atmosphere,Butler University is very close.
mapquest your hotel to this area and it'll show you the mileage,roughly 5.5 miles north of downtown.
both these areas are extremely busy on friday-saturday nights,waiting lines usually to get into the door.
Indiana is 21 years old to buy liquor and to get into the bars around here,and liquor stores are closed on sunday so we have to buy our sunday beer on saturday evening.you can buy beer at the track on sunday but beware it'll cost you nearly what you paid for GP tix to get 1 beer.
pm me if you got more questions about around town.we got it all from the good the bad the evil!

·
Registered
317 Posts
sweet

your avatar is evil we are staying outside the city but going to party on saturday night i will let you know wharer we are staying

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Good looking out glockt. I will be there Wed evening. Me and two friends are headed up, and we were just talking about where we should go, to hang out. It's gonna suck not having our bikes there though. :dontknow:Just couldn't figure it was worth trailoring up all that way. So we will be going in a friends Mazda 3, I hope that damn car gets good gas mileage, :rolleyes: if not, I'm gonna be pissed we didn't just bring the bikes.

·
Registered
794 Posts
jimbob;
depending where your staying at;theres several hot spots around town here.
downtown is always jumping,usually on meridian street south of circle center.
broadripple (52nd street and college ave)area is always hopping caters to the college student atmosphere,Butler University is very close.
mapquest your hotel to this area and it'll show you the mileage,roughly 5.5 miles north of downtown.
both these areas are extremely busy on friday-saturday nights,waiting lines usually to get into the door.
Indiana is 21 years old to buy liquor and to get into the bars around here,and liquor stores are closed on sunday so we have to buy our sunday beer on saturday evening.you can buy beer at the track on sunday but beware it'll cost you nearly what you paid for GP tix to get 1 beer.
pm me if you got more questions about around town.we got it all from the good the bad the evil!

Nice info about the NO BEER SALES on Sunday !! That bit of info will save my weekend !! :thumbsup::beer::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The Great State of Indiana!

It sucks being so old fashioned and conservative!
The only beer you can buy is at resturants and bars,no carry out's on sunday.
So if you plan on drinking any of your beer on sunday you buy it saturday night before midnight.
The state is trying to throw out this 100 year law,thinking theres soo much more tax revenue they can make on sunday beer sales and tax.But it's been in the works for a few years now.
All the little burghs outside of town are nice and quaint also,each is known for their own nice little night hot spot.
The hotels in town will get premium dollar for this 1 particular weekend,like they do for the 500 and do for the brickyard and did for the formula 1 race we held here.Much in line of a 3 night minimum.
The burghs won't command as much.Hotel availibilty won't be hard to find whereever you look around town.
The city only expects upwards of 150,000 people in for this weekend.
I'm trying to gather info where alot of you might be staying and try to set up a rally point to down a few brews together also,if so be it.
More info later as I get it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts