Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the gamers out there, I just picked up Moto GP 3 for my Xbox!

Understand, this is my first experience with Moto GP, I missed out on the first two, so I don't have anything real to judge against, but....

The graphics are EXCELLENT. The riding dynamics are tough to master, I can tell its going to take alot of practice. The breaking and acceleration, slides, separate brakes aren't that bad. The steering is what is getting me. The thumbstick just isn't doing what I want it to yet.

All in all though, after a couple hours of playing, I'm hooked. Its an excellent game. As I said, I don't know how the others were set up, but this one allows racing in different classes (600, 1000, 1200) in an "Extreme" class, as well as the normal GP racing season. It allows you to buy different bikes and add go fast parts to them.....

And its already priced down to $39. Definitely worth it!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I picked it up a week or two ago. I've had a blast playing it. Still ain't worth a shit at it, but I enjoy the hell out of it. I've won several Extreme 600 and Extreme 1000 races but the best I've placed in Grand Prix mode is fourth. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
my kid brought home a demo disk with 2 races on it and its fun as hell, the open track is easy, but the city track is a biotch!!! thinking of getting the actual game, but since school started i gotta keep the boy away from the box!!!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do you guys have xbox live? We should have a race! I haven't bought version 3 yet but we have 1 and 2. If anyone has live and wants to race we should organize a time and date.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
AFMEDIC said:
disclaimer...ps2 and the box ARE different, BUT my kid played motogp4 on the ps2 at laguna seca during the gp and HATED it...couldnt stop complaining, then again he's a kid, so what does he know...i'm hoping the box version makes him a bit happier, cause i've been holding out myself for motogp4...funny thing is that ps2 is supposedly more fluid gameplay than the box and he was complaining that the gameplay sucked...again, hes just a kid...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Totally believable, and not because the X-Box vs PS2 debate. Simply because the two games are made by different Developers. The up coming MGP-4 for the PS2 is a Namco (as are all the MGP games on the PS-2) game. MGP's for the X-box is made by Climax Studios. Two completely different physics engines in the two games. And It's very difficult to go from playin MGP"X" on the Box to playing the same MGP on the PS2. Might be why your kid didnt like it. Not too mention the controler difference between the two systems

latdrop said:
disclaimer...ps2 and the box ARE different, BUT my kid played motogp4 on the ps2 at laguna seca during the gp and HATED it...couldnt stop complaining, then again he's a kid, so what does he know...i'm hoping the box version makes him a bit happier, cause i've been holding out myself for motogp4...funny thing is that ps2 is supposedly more fluid gameplay than the box and he was complaining that the gameplay sucked...again, hes just a kid...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Oct. 18th is supposedly the release date for 4 on ps2. 3's great for sure but if you've played TT Superbikes at the Isle of Man its absolutely better!! The bikes handle just like the real deal. I'm already payed up for 4 when it comes in but man its take something special.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
E-GADS! Man. Suzuki TT Isle of Man.......To qoute Mr. Garrison. "It Sucked BALLS" GAWD that has to be the worst Motorcycle game I've ever played. Ok..it's not that bad...but it's not worth the money. Thats why I rented it and play it off my Hard Drive :crackup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
My roomate and I have moto Gp2...We are going to moto gp 3 one of these days. I was going to post up and see if any of you where up for playin on xbox live once we got it.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
zx-7rking said:
E-GADS! Man. Suzuki TT Isle of Man.......To qoute Mr. Garrison. "It Sucked BALLS" GAWD that has to be the worst Motorcycle game I've ever played. Ok..it's not that bad...but it's not worth the money. Thats why I rented it and play it off my Hard Drive :crackup:
Hmm, guess thats what makes the world go 'round eh??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts