Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no instructions whatsoever ?
Why do you need Instructions? :dontknow: It's suppose to be just like any other sync but with better functions and safety.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well it works like really any other sync tool. I liked the Mercury ones better but I can't get those anymore so I'm kinda stuck with those. They come with instructions on how to put the check valves and hoses and they are exactly like the old mercury sync tools in use.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it works like really any other sync tool. I liked the Mercury ones better but I can't get those anymore so I'm kinda stuck with those. They come with instructions on how to put the check valves and hoses and they are exactly like the old mercury sync tools in use.
Thanks,

I thought about putting my mercury in from my old one but realized the tubes may be to short and will over flow.

So why do you like the mercury ones better over this one? Does the fluid run to much to make it hard to read or something? ....as that is my main concern.

bloo

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I order/used that one not too long ago. It's a good tool, supplied with all the instructions you need. My only bitch about it is that they tell you to "calibrate" the tool every time you use it.... but it isn't hard to do that at all with the way the tool is set up.

As far as function it works just like an old mercury tool. The contrast is nice and high, and the anti-flutter check valves work as advertised. I used to have the old mercury Motion Pro tool, and this one is just as good (and less fragile!)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I order/used that one not too long ago. It's a good tool, supplied with all the instructions you need. My only bitch about it is that they tell you to "calibrate" the tool every time you use it.... but it isn't hard to do that at all with the way the tool is set up.

As far as function it works just like an old mercury tool. The contrast is nice and high, and the anti-flutter check valves work as advertised. I used to have the old mercury Motion Pro tool, and this one is just as good (and less fragile!)
why would you need to calibrate it?...all cells are seperate so I suspect because of the fluids not being the same like mercury is?

bloo

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
...it has something to do with the gravity of the fluid itself, if I'm not mistaken. If I read the instructions correctly, the "output" accuracy of the guage will be affected by different/higher levels of vacuum,so they ask you to calibrate it to each new vacuum source. I didn't really pay much attention to the explanation as to why when I did it... I just calibrated the thing and marched on. :) It's easy enough to do. The tool does not give you any sort of in/Hg reading...... it's just a comparative vacuum tool. :)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...it has something to do with the gravity of the fluid itself, if I'm not mistaken. If I read the instructions correctly, the "output" accuracy of the guage will be affected by different/higher levels of vacuum,so they ask you to calibrate it to each new vacuum source. I didn't really pay much attention to the explanation as to why when I did it... I just calibrated the thing and marched on. :) It's easy enough to do. The tool does not give you any sort of in/Hg reading...... it's just a comparative vacuum tool. :)
Thanks for the reply. The way I am reading the Calibration is you need to calibrate all tubes based on 1 Vacuum, so you hook all 4 tubes via the 4 way splitter to 1 vacuum off the throttle body and adjust the screws on top of the manifold housing to make them all even in fluid level. Then at that point you know any variance in vacuum will show TRUE when they are all hooked up separately.

bloo

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Bingo. It's easy, and they give you all the connections to do it (and they all store in or on the body of the tool).

·
Registered
474 Posts
My first carb sync tool was the older version of that one.We used it at the shop for about a year.Worked good for the money,but was a pain.If it fell over the mercury could come out.Then you had to get a refill bottle of mercury.If someone over rev ed the bike while you were checking it at 3000 rpm(carb stumbled) it could possible suck the mercury into the engine.
I sold it to a friend of mine.It was good for someone working out in their garage, but not weekly shop use.
So I got a digital Vacuum tester from K&L supply. Kowa Seiki Co. model # KEK-55-64.It is one of the best pieces of equipment I've ever bought.Hook up the leads to the battery and vacuum lines and your ready to go.Very accurate,stable and no mess.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first carb sync tool was the older version of that one.We used it at the shop for about a year.Worked good for the money,but was a pain.If it fell over the mercury could come out.Then you had to get a refill bottle of mercury.If someone over rev ed the bike while you were checking it at 3000 rpm(carb stumbled) it could possible suck the mercury into the engine.
I sold it to a friend of mine.It was good for someone working out in their garage, but not weekly shop use.
So I got a digital Vacuum tester from K&L supply. Kowa Seiki Co. model # KEK-55-64.It is one of the best pieces of equipment I've ever bought.Hook up the leads to the battery and vacuum lines and your ready to go.Very accurate,stable and no mess.
yes but with this Unit there is NO mercury just coolant like fluid and not harmful to the engine if it gets sucked in at low quantities...this is not Mercury so just saying and no Mess :dontknow:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well now that I read the description, sounds better than mercury.I don't know if like mercury.You will sometime get air trapped in the fluid and get a weird display.Let us know how it works for you.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I liked the Mercury better because it doesn't fluctuate as much as the new versions and seem to be more accurate. The new one almost seems like I can never get an accurate reading across 4 cylinders and it seems like the fluid evaporates while being stored. I use the tool to get close and then fine tune really by sound and feel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts