Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have interest in one of this injectors for my gen4 and I dont know which type of conector should I get, since I dont know the injector type of this bike.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have interest in one of this injectors for my gen4 and I dont know which type of conector should I get, since I dont know the injector type of this bike.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
I know what your asking. Your asking which style electrical connector do you need to work with the Motion Pro kit. Sadly I only know just a little more than the last 2 useless replies lol.

I thought about buying that kit myself. Motion Pro would be selling more of them if they would list what connector is needed by bike and model #.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Send a PM to Mike from Ridersdiscount here on the forum (sub section on the forum) he will let you know the info and hook you up with a great price.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know what your asking. Your asking which style electrical connector do you need to work with the Motion Pro kit. Sadly I only know just a little more than the last 2 useless replies lol.

I thought about buying that kit myself. Motion Pro would be selling more of them if they would list what connector is needed by bike and model #.
Not sure what the problem is i went to there site and searched by vehicle and it brings up the kit and the pigtail for the cleaner kit.

Pigtail only! -
Pigtail for Fuel Injector Cleaner Kit, ND Injectors

Cleaner Kit! -
Fuel Injector Cleaner Kit for ND

here is the search by vehicle!
Search By Vehicle: | Motion Pro

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not sure what the problem is i went to there site and searched by vehicle and it brings up the kit and the pigtail for the cleaner kit.

Pigtail only! -
Pigtail for Fuel Injector Cleaner Kit, ND Injectors

Cleaner Kit! -
Fuel Injector Cleaner Kit for ND

here is the search by vehicle!
Search By Vehicle: | Motion Pro

So why didn't you just tell him what electrical connector part # he needed in your first reply sport? :dontknow:

That was his question, instead your reply with injector part#s.

·
Registered
481 Posts
So why didn't you just tell him what electrical connector part # he needed in your first reply sport? :dontknow:

That was his question, instead your reply with injector part#s.
He said he did not know the injector type?:confused:

So I thought giving him the Model, Part Number, and Flow information would help him figure out which connector he needed to get from them.

I did not realize you could go to there website and search for the bike and it tells you which connector to get.. i only searched after your post saying that motion pro don't list what is needed. (which they do)

Just trying to help. :notworthy:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried search the bike.. but only found dirt bikes..

In your link I see the zx10r... interesting is that I sent a email I they could not answer.

Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
OR... just get a 12V battery (or 9V as suggested), check polarity, get some tubing, and fill a syringe with isopropyl alcohol (or solvent of your choice).

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Tried search the bike.. but only found dirt bikes..

In your link I see the zx10r... interesting is that I sent a email I they could not answer.

Thanks a lot guys.
Did you ever buy this kit? I bought one, works great.

Here is the Pigtails needed.

Gen 1 uses the ND pigtail.

Gen 2 uses the ND pigtail

Gen 3 uses the ND pigtail for lower injectors and HYB Pigtail for Upper Injectors.

Gen 4, 5 I don't know, might be the same as Gen 3 but I cant say for sure.

Motion Pro Part #s for just the pigtails.

ND = Part # 08-0596

HYB = Part # 08-0597

You can buy the kit with the correct Pigtail and or buy the extra pigtail separately. I bought my stuff from Dennis Kirk.

The backflush under pressure works real well and the forward flush validates the spray pattern.

YES, there are other more cheaper ******* ways of doing it, just do a youtube search. Dozens of videos on that.

Here is a video on youtube I found, (NOT MINE)

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, purchased the kit, very nice made, easy to use.

ridersdiscount gave me a excellent price...

I did not have to buy a adicional adapter, the one that came with the box was perfect.

MOTION PRO ND FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER KIT

·
Registered
663 Posts
You think the injector cleaner was worth it?

I'm thinking about buying one and curious your thoughts. Did it seem to really clean them? Any difference noticed after cleaning? WOuld you buy again?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
You think the injector cleaner was worth it?

I'm thinking about buying one and curious your thoughts. Did it seem to really clean them? Any difference noticed after cleaning? WOuld you buy again?
Even if you don't buy your own kit, injector cleaning is one of the most overlooked things in builds I see, hands down. On really critical stuff (boost/nitrous motors) I'll have it done every year, or if it sits for more than 6 months with fuel in it.... it's cheaper than pistons!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks guys, I definitley thinking I'm going to pick up the kit! Maybe I worded it bad, but was more curious on if people thought that style of cleaning really works as it seems like such a cheap part if you use it every year vs paying to send out 8 injectors to get cleaned.

Did you guys use just use carb cleaner or is there a specific fuel injector cleaner aresol can you guys ues?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Solvents that are o-ring/rubber safe will work... I have several go-tos in the shop depending on what's on the bench, and I've used carb cleaner to clean out fuel filters before. Part of a good injector cleaning, though, is identifying spray pattern and flow deviation at a controlled voltage between your sets .... eyeballing will get you close, but it will not be precise enough to pick up a 10-15% variance between injectors (on a good day!), and a 15% on one hole will be enough to cause problems. If the injector has consumables (baskets, filters, etc) most people that flow/clean injectors replace those as well.

For the cost of 8 injectors you could likely build an El Cheapo flow bench, but it IS a scientific endeavor. :)

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is that unless you're willing to spend a good amount of initial time and money to set yourself up with the proper equipment and knowledge, you're better off sending them to someone who already has it. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
What if I will buy for same money a cheap ultrasonic cleaning device form eBay and use syringe for backflushing?
Would that yield better result?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Solvents that are o-ring/rubber safe will work... I have several go-tos in the shop depending on what's on the bench, and I've used carb cleaner to clean out fuel filters before. Part of a good injector cleaning, though, is identifying spray pattern and flow deviation at a controlled voltage between your sets .... eyeballing will get you close, but it will not be precise enough to pick up a 10-15% variance between injectors (on a good day!), and a 15% on one hole will be enough to cause problems. If the injector has consumables (baskets, filters, etc) most people that flow/clean injectors replace those as well.

For the cost of 8 injectors you could likely build an El Cheapo flow bench, but it IS a scientific endeavor. :)

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is that unless you're willing to spend a good amount of initial time and money to set yourself up with the proper equipment and knowledge, you're better off sending them to someone who already has it. :)
Thats kind of what I was curious about, the motion pro tool seemed like it was too easy to clean the injector. I'm guessing it gets it a little cleaner but probably nothing like what the pro's do after doing a tiny bit of research. Should do some more tonight when I'm not on the clock lol

Do you have a flow bench or where do you normally send your injectors out to?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts