1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I've done a few dozen chains with mine... no real complaints. Every time I let someone else use it it ends up with a broken (or missing) part :(. I wouldn't use it to press out rivets until you've ground them flush... that's about it. :)

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I checked with Kawi Parts Nation and they freakin want 21 bucks to ship a valve cover gasket. :headshake

Who knows where to get em at a decent price where they don't try to rape you w/ shipping?
??

·
Registered
469 Posts
i dont grind down the rivets before i push them out, infact i use my electrical impact also when pushing out pins.. never broke a piece yet..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i dont grind down the rivets before i push them out, infact i use my electrical impact also when pushing out pins.. never broke a piece yet..
then you been lucky so far, I think Motion Pro did a supplement where they recommend to grind first that's what I do then at that point really any tool will do including the Harbor Freight because I broke my motion pro pin and used the HF tool......If funds are a concern there is a link on this site somewhere where a guy also turned his HF tool to Rivet as well do a search or can try to find if some are interested.

bloo

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I've had a couple of these kits in the past but swapped over to and have been using the RK Excel chain tool for the past few years and really like it. both are fine but i prefer the RK one alot more.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Never broke one of these...also order your gasket from ronayers, shipping should be around $5

yep no way to break one of those.....who did you ask who was strong enough to turn the clamp? :dontknow:

j/m brother :thumbsup::lol:

bloo

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never broke one of these...also order your gasket from ronayers, shipping should be around $5

Where did you get that so I can pick one up????
That's what I'm looking for right there.

And yeah, I'm ordering my gasket and plugs from Ron Ayers.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Where did you get that so I can pick one up????
That's what I'm looking for right there.

And yeah, I'm ordering my gasket and plugs from Ron Ayers.
Just get a c clamp, and a cheap pipe flaring tool at the hardware store and swap the ends like in the pic and you have a lifetime chain rivet tool.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
really how many posting in this thread own a Power Drill?....because a grinding wheel costs less to nothing like under $5.....grind to flush on the plate and when hot you can literally punch out the link with hammer and punch....that simple but if you have to Rivet the other tools are needed from the HF to Motion Pro or something else.

bloo

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
just so you guys know, the Stockton kit is made by the same company that makes the MotionPro kit. Stockton kit costs around $60 at cycle gear. It just comes in a red box rather than gray. Save yourselves some $ and get the Stockton kit. All the pcs are interchangeable if you break/loose a rivet push pin.
Always grind the rivets unless you wanna risk breaking or bending the rivet push pin in the middle of a chain job. That would be frustrating. Dremel tools are so cheap nowadays there no reason not to own one and have in your tool collection.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Reactions: hellsrazor
1 - 20 of 32 Posts