Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the most expensive thing you have added/changed to your motorcycle? and was it worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
$3,700 BST Carbon Fiber rims. CF wheels are an incredible mod, increase acceleration, handling and braking. Like adding 20 hp. (Just posted a for sale thread on them).

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looking back on it, as a purchase it would have to be the carbon fiber fairings but individual price was under 300 for the most expensive piece, the woolich with wideband and log box wasn't cheap but still under a grand, the nos setup was not that bad either, coolant lines ran almost 300 but so did my seat and the covers were another 250. Asv gave me free levers for this bike, yeah, I think my last tire cost me more than almost any single part or upgrade, rearsets were still under 6, green windscreen under 250, FML I have a fuck ton of money wrapped up in this bike but no one upgrade was over 1k I don't think, still it all adds up really quick since there are sooo damn many little parts and things that can be customized

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
For the 2013 ZX10r it was Ohlins 30mm Carts. Well worth it!!!
2009 R6 it was the Super Stock Motor build. Helps get my fat ass moving around the track.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Marchesini magnesium wheels ($3500) plus Brembo rotors ($750) plus Ti Hardware ($200)

Prior to that it was Kit cam install and tune $4k.

Everything else is cheap, unless you add up the tire bill!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ohlins front and rear set up by Graves. It was little over 4k with the pressurized fork kit installed and the rear shock set up with the pneumatic preload adjuster. I added the Dunlop Q4s at the same time. Hands down my favorite mod.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
The fender eliminator as already had the can; this is the '13 10r. Will have to buy a can and fender once again, I suspect. Hoping that the new 10's will go back to g4 size or have to go back to CBR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts