Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudes / Bros / Men of extremely good taste :zx_blk:

I'm a little angry with the old mortgage rising every year due to increased property taxes and insurance premiums. Payment has raised each year since purchase, up $160 a month :headshake thats almost 2K a year of throw away money in my mind...not happy.

This year it was property taxes (at least my value has gone up) and last year it was insurance premiums...we insure my mother in laws house who had 2 claims and I had 1 so that made me the "extreme" catagory in OK which is already extreme with the damn tornados.

Anyway, just bummed out as that could be a nice new 2012 zx-10 or some shit but instead it goes to a whole lotta nothin.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Holy crap, I just about lost it the other day in regards to my mortgage payment...I'm overseas, so I'm not sure if I got a letter about it, but I went to do some online banking, and just happened to click on the link to my mortgage, was looking over it, and BAM, saw that my payment had gone up like $150...did some research and found the problem...My escrow account had a shortage because my property taxes went up, and my homeowners premium skyrocketed due to the fact that my county fire dept got some shitty rating from some crappy insurance research data group or some bullshit like that...They fire dept appealed, got a favorable rating, but I won't know the results or see any change until July...WTF???
There, thats my rant

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
go to your insurance agents office and do a burnout in the parking lot. lol.

sorry to hear about it though. Im too young to have a house or payments yet, and Im not looking forward to it. Kinda wish we still had the days where you could trade a cow and 2 goats and get a mansion. lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go to your insurance agents office and do a burnout in the parking lot. lol.

sorry to hear about it though. Im too young to have a house or payments yet, and Im not looking forward to it. Kinda wish we still had the days where you could trade a cow and 2 goats and get a mansion. lol
I hear thats still an option in some countrys...tempting

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
moose i'm with ya rant on, bro. When we mortgaged, we almost did a 15 year but decided to play safe being as it was our first. Well now our 30 yr pmt is almost what the 15 yr was 8 years ago due to property tax increases. Total bullcrap. And there's actually people out there who think we don't pay enough taxes. :dontknow:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I m all for 40 acres and a mule :thumbsup:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
My property was appraised at $2k less than last year, so I'm expecting a big fat decrease in my taxes. At least enough to get a free beer... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I hear thats still an option in some countrys...tempting
if it werent for the other country part of that, Id be all for it brotha!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Seriously.... go shop around for insurance. My payment was doing the same climb for more than 2 years. Went in a few times over a 8 month period to my broker: one month I got a new quote that saved me about 670 bucks a year. Had to be persistent, but it ended up being worth it.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,036 Posts
Its the insurance that really sucks. Home, bike, car, health, dental, vision, life, disability, supplemental... Between them and the government how much do I actually get to keep? Sheesh I feel like Im working for them most of the time.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just bought a house. Closed on it last week. Insurance is a joke. I shopped around for 3 weeks, finally went with Shelter (had the best plan for the price). I was amazed how much it varies from one company to the next. For instance, shelter is $1140/yr with everything but flood insurance (not in a flood zone). Allstate wanted $3500/yr for crap insurance. It's insane.

Where I live the avg is ~1000/yr. Taxes are also about ~1200/year (but always increasing).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts