1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
New to me- very interesting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very interesting stuff. This kind of technological advancement is what motorcycling needs. How many tankslapper fatalities will this invention prevent in the future, I'm all for a safer bike.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Then you need a bike with ABS.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
New to me- very interesting.
:+1:

Believe it will be years away....counter steering is the basis or the holly grail for 2 wheels to go fast around a corner and you learn that from the first time anyone learns to ride a bicycle fast or motorcycle and now it is going to control it somehow with this device:dontknow: if so it seems you may have to re-learn everything you know already. Seems to me the best way to get faster is what all the racing organizations concentrate already on...better suspension/brakes/gearing/ etc.....but messing with the laws of physics on the race track now or road. :badteeth:...so, yeah..should be interesting.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hendosaki said:
... I'm all for a safer bike.:eek:ccasion1
1killer1liter said:
Then you need a bike with ABS.
That's kinda harsh. You're implying that he needs it because he doesn't kow what he's doing. ABS takes over in panic situations, compensating for untalented riders. Hence greater safety in "most" cases, at the expense of real control, prefered by experienced riders.

On the other hand, RRRotors simply create the effect of an ultralight wheel, and remove the cause of tankslappers, as opposed to the "band-aid" approach of a steering damper.

If it works as claimed, this is actually a Good kind of safety. Not like HP limits (shudder) that give a false sense of safety to legislators and ill-informed parents.

·
Registered
103 Posts
lenshead said:
That's kinda harsh. You're implying that he needs it because he doesn't kow what he's doing. ABS takes over in panic situations, compensating for untalented riders. Hence greater safety in "most" cases, at the expense of real control, prefered by experienced riders.

Amen brother! :lol: To imply that one would need something like this because he doesn't know how to ride would be a mistake. 44 Years I've been on planet earth, 30 of those riding bikes, and not one mishap on the street, never laid a bike down, and I ride to work everyday. Raced in the Pro class SRAC motocross in the 80's, which taught me tons in how to control a motorcycle, so I don't need ABS, nor do I want it, BUT I do embrace technology that makes for a better handling motorcycle.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You have never laid a bike down because you don't ride hard enough. I want to know where my limits are and there is only one way to find out. Keep riding like you're 80 and you will be ok.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
There are 2 groups of riders...Those that HAVE crashed and those that are GOING to.....

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
I don't see how this would change counter sterring, all it would do is reduce the force necessary to steer the motorcycle.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Precisely, it allows faster, lower effort direction changes at speed. Nothing else should change,....

Except maybe added unsprung weight, complexity and cost. Maybe it's a good trade-off. Time will tell, if it makes it into the commercial market.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Captain Jack said:
Hey, my thread. I can threadjack if I want to!
:wink:
:crackup: That actually made me LOL!

On a more serious note, I've seen on other boards where people have questioned why he doesn't (or didn't) test with a force gage so that he could have measurable results.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just to be the poser of the group, I would get some of those and chrome them out and then it would look like reverse spinners when I rode. SCHWEEET!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Superbike1 said:
I would get some of those and chrome them out and then it would look like reverse spinners when I rode.
Spinners are :gay:
:crackup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts