Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin for more power on my 06. Does anyone know a reputable (key word)shop in the Texas/ Louisiana area. All I want is a head/cam package.

Again i'd like a shop that has worked on zx10s in the past and has made good power. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I don't know anyone in that area but I'm posting to get you to save your money. Headwork is super expensive and doesn't do as much as what people make it out to. I suggest throwing a Kawi intake cam in and putting a thin head gasket on. Put some new valve springs in if you want to do a little extra to make the engine stronger. A set of race cams from Megacycle or the like will run you close to a grand whereas you can get a Kawi intake and thin gasket for a few hundred bucks. And head work.... that's around 2.5k to 3k.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:iamwithst He's been there and done that!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
:iamwithst He's been there and done that!
Yup. Full set of cams, +3 mill pistons, thin head gasket full head work = A TON $$$ = Not what the engine builders tell you. However I haven't been outrun by any of the new bikes. A few good races but I always have a few bike lengths. Plus the bike is fun to ride but it has a lot to do with the added torque from the pistons. I always jump people. It walks in the top end but not by much against the new bikes. 2nd and 3rd gear is where I do the most damage.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I get work done for free...hooray me!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if interested in making a trip to jacksonville fl we have some great cyl head technology here :-D smaller intake ports = higher velocity.... I know you want someone in Texas but if interested let me know.

axo.... we gotta get together one day and do a 2mm vs 3mm show down :-D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup smaller is better,There are soooo many shops on the east coast that could do awesome work but shit im in texas...what im afaid of is some fool that talks alot of theory , but has never put it to practise on a zx10... an actual engine builder and not just a assembler...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Yup smaller is better,There are soooo many shops on the east coast that could do awesome work but shit im in texas...what im afaid of is some fool that talks alot of theory , but has never put it to practise on a zx10... an actual engine builder and not just a assembler...
:+1:

if you cant find anyone let me know...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts