Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am heading to the strip on wednesday and I was wondering if there was any cheap mods that are quick to do to get a little more power out of the bike, Im strapped and slammmed. Bike will run 10.2s I wanna get it into the 9s. Any suggestions the cheaper the better but Im game for any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Hey, I am heading to the strip on wednesday and I was wondering if there was any cheap mods that are quick to do to get a little more power out of the bike, Im strapped and slammmed. Bike will run 10.2s I wanna get it into the 9s. Any suggestions the cheaper the better but Im game for any suggestions. Thanks.
Sprockets, id say if your slammed you could go -1 and plus a couple in the rear and be in the 9s.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Take a good healthy poop before you go. Might shave a pound or two, make ya feel a bit better and help ya tuck in that little bit more. (and best of all, it's a free mod):thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I got a fresh 3 mill that will wake it up.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
need moe details as to what is done to the bike.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i saw a show on speed tv with a guy who had a stock lowered busa that ran a 10.7 and he said he has done more than 50 passes on it so at 10.2 i think you are good!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
i saw a show on speed tv with a guy who had a stock lowered busa that ran a 10.7 and he said he has done more than 50 passes on it so at 10.2 i think you are good!!
Grant it, he did wheelie pretty hard... but yea that was a pathetic run. stock lowered busa are good for 9.5s to 9.7s depending on your weight.

04 ZX10: lowered way down, strapped, fuzzy wuzzy Muzzy pipe, and a -2 front (not -1, those are for wuses :thefinger ) I went 9.89 on my 3rd pass. I'm 180 in boxers.
So I would agree :+1: with re-gearing for a cheap mod. And yes, a -2 front sprocket will bolt right on without shorting the chain.

I didn't notice much of a difference, but you could try disconnecting the exhaust servo motor :dontknow: Its supposed to help.
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Grant it, he did wheelie pretty hard... but yea that was a pathetic run. stock lowered busa are good for 9.5s to 9.7s depending on your weight.

04 ZX10: lowered way down, strapped, fuzzy wuzzy Muzzy pipe, and a -2 front (not -1, those are for wuses :thefinger ) I went 9.89 on my 3rd pass. I'm 180 in boxers.

:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
what makes the muzzy pipe so desired for the strip? im currently looking at akra hex or the growler.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
SEAT TIME:thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
true but considering some money people put forth id figure a cheap pipe wouldnt be of consideration when they could drop a couple more bills on a pipe of higher performance.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
Take a good healthy poop before you go. Might shave a pound or two, make ya feel a bit better and help ya tuck in that little bit more. (and best of all, it's a free mod):thumbsup:

:+1:

Actually 2 days b4, drink half a gallon of prune juice and take some exlax the night b4. Then in the morning some Trader Joes Bran Muffin, you will drop 4-7 pounds instantly, Less weight means more HP can be delivered to crank.
If your bike isn't green, paint it green, since green is faster, Sport Rider Magazine said so.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:+1: I'm going to have to agree with this one. I always take a mean before any ride and it makes me feel quicker. :lol:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Put a hot nekid chick at the end of the strip, the 10 will do the rest.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts