Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Daytona races will not be on TV. Wtf are they thinking. DMG has done an incredible job of pushing motorcycle road racing to the brink of extinction. RIP road racing in the USA and a hearty fuck you to DMG.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,643 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

A total of 5 double-header races constitutes the entire "season" here. Most of those races (probably more like ALL of those races) will not be shown on TV. I haven't really followed AMA/DMG racing here since DMG bought the rights out and all the big name guys disappeared. It's pretty much a joke to watch these days.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:iamwithstupid:

A total of 5 double-header races constitutes the entire "season" here. Most of those races (probably more like ALL of those races) will not be shown on TV. I haven't really followed AMA/DMG racing here since DMG bought the rights out and all the big name guys disappeared. It's pretty much a joke to watch these days.
Sadly your so right :icon_cry:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Does anyone even watch that series anymore? And is anyone worth watching still racing in that series? Only 5 rounds on the schedule that I can see, and the listing of teams hasn't been updated yet. Jordan's out...who else?

btw - love the Cylon avatar Tech! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Well, in all fairness it was on the way downhill before DMG got into it (but at least you could see some on the tube). Still, I thought that it was a stupid idea for them to get involved and they have confirmed the stupidity of their involvement.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Wow. Is this what AMA has become?? I havent been able to watch the last couple years due to tv coverage but thought the 10, 11, 12 years were good if i remember right. DMG would do well to take a quick look at the nascar model of business.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,643 Posts
DMG would do well to take a quick look at the nascar model of business.
:headshake

DMG stands for Daytona Motorsports Group - yes, the same guys already in NASCRAP. The whole thing about DMG buying the rights to the AMA racing was so that they could try to implement the NASCRAP racing model with the bikes over the last several years. Get rid of the OEM manufacturers and take the bikes basically to glorified stock rides, just like NASCRAP is doing (well not stock, but all leveled out under the tight restrictions so that all the cars are basically the same).

That experiment with the NASCRAP model is already in place and has FAILED miserably!!! The problem is, the fans don't want to see stock bikes running around a circuit. The OEMs won't sponsor the events any longer, and won't pay riders big salaries. No good rides or riders, and fans aren't interested. And if fans won't pay to see the races, the tracks can't afford to promote it, and TV won't air the races. And here we are with no TV coverage and 5 weekends of racing for the WHOLE YEAR!!! All thanks to the NASCRAP racing model. :headshake

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow, sounds like the AMA is getting as bad as CSBK. We used to get the races aired in the winter, but now we don't even get that. We also only have 5 double header events but there aren't even any races West of Ontario.

We should organize a North American underground road racing series. Last guy to get arrested wins.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,643 Posts
We have 5 double headers this year?
Yes...5 total rounds. Notice the dates below also. They are so spread out as well, it's ridiculous. Two and half months between the first and second rounds??? Then basically 1 month, 1 month, then another 2 months. :suicide:

American Superbike

3/13-3/15
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, FL

5/30-6/1
Road America
Elkhart Lake, WI

6/21-6/21
Barber Motorsports Park
Birmingham, AL

7/19-7/20
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Lexington, OH

9/13-9/15
New Jersey Motorsports Park
Millville, NJ

·
Registered
681 Posts
That experiment with the NASCRAP model is already in place and has FAILED miserably!!! The problem is, the fans don't want to see stock bikes running around a circuit. The OEMs won't sponsor the events any longer, and won't pay riders big salaries. No good rides or riders, and fans aren't interested. And if fans won't pay to see the races, the tracks can't afford to promote it, and TV won't air the races. And here we are with no TV coverage and 5 weekends of racing for the WHOLE YEAR!!! All thanks to the NASCRAP racing model. :headshake
Is an understatement on what they have done. Yes it was not good but this is just wrong.
I remember the one at night when they tried the pace car thing. What a joke. I couldn't stop laughing. We all knew it was done once we heard DMG owned rights.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Wow, sounds like the AMA is getting as bad as CSBK. We used to get the races aired in the winter, but now we don't even get that. We also only have 5 double header events but there aren't even any races West of Ontario.

We should organize a North American underground road racing series. Last guy to get arrested wins.
I guess I assumed he was talking about CSBK....

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
There has been some good people trying to help outside of DMG. John Ulrich, owner of RoadRaceWorld organized a triple crown series at 3 west coast tracks. The AMA superbike guys will race with our club AFM at the Sonoma raceway event in early May. It isn't an AMA event, but a separate series to get the reams some west coast exposure. Pretty sure this will be part of the deal to get them at Laguna for WSBK support races. I'm stoked for Sonoma cause I'll get to pit with the pros.

sent from the mobile

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

DMG stands for Daytona Motorsports Group - yes, the same guys already in NASCRAP. The whole thing about DMG buying the rights to the AMA racing was so that they could try to implement the NASCRAP racing model with the bikes over the last several years. Get rid of the OEM manufacturers and take the bikes basically to glorified stock rides, just like NASCRAP is doing (well not stock, but all leveled out under the tight restrictions so that all the cars are basically the same).

My point exactly! Nascar was once good believe it or not. Its been failing miserably for about 15 years now though. Heck even these days my WRC is looking sketchy. I think racing all across the board is getting weird anymore.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
There has been some good people trying to help outside of DMG. John Ulrich, owner of RoadRaceWorld organized a triple crown series at 3 west coast tracks. The AMA superbike guys will race with our club AFM at the Sonoma raceway event in early May. It isn't an AMA event, but a separate series to get the reams some west coast exposure. Pretty sure this will be part of the deal to get them at Laguna for WSBK support races. I'm stoked for Sonoma cause I'll get to pit with the pros.

sent from the mobile
Lets hope John gets this done. Real roadracing in America is in serious trouble. BTW you should be able to stream the 200 live here...

http://www.fanschoice.tv/

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I guess I assumed he was talking about CSBK....

The CSBK and AMA have both ended up running events out east only. So John Ulrich's triple crown and the Western Canadian Superbike series just started their own series.

This unfortunately is a split of a national series and has both countries divided in east and west series.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts