Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't gonna let the "cat" outta the bag, but someone else will figure it out eventually (prolly aslready has and hasn't posted it).

I just bolted up, bled and tested 07 ZX6R calipers to my 07 ZX10R... YES THEY FIT. AS well, the obvious ZX14R and the Concours use the same caliper. Thanks me later foos. Same result as the other great members here. THE LEVER IS SOLID! Finally, after 4 friggin ZX10's and a 636 with SHIT ASS BREAKS, I have a real set of breaks!!!

PS. You have to use the ZX6R pads... I am assuming the pads are the same for the 14, but cannot guarantee it. All I can tell you is, the Tokico pads don't fit the Nissin calipers (until I cut the extra material outta the way anyway) You'll see what I'm talkin bout willis...:helmet:

Better get on ebay before the last set I saw for $175 is gone... LOL:lol:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Well duh, I though this was obvious to everyone. I will not let the cat out of the bag on my other caliper secret then, anyways these Nissins are gold and would match the 04-05 nicely.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I haven't had any issues on my 06. And I have even had mine out on the track.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
The fading problem is still there, just not as bad with the 06. Also the toxicos have a weird lever feel to them, they make for a real soft lever with a little more travel than some pepole like. Seems that swtching to the zx-14 calipers gives you a very firm lever, no fade and super strong brakes.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My lever on my 07 will go all the way to the grip. That's how soft it is and they have been bled. When riding hard and getting on the brakes from130-150 for a 40mph corner, the brake fluid boils up and the lever pushes way out away from the bar. I have been looking for 14 calipers but they are always so expensive.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My lever on my 07 will go all the way to the grip. That's how soft it is and they have been bled. When riding hard and getting on the brakes from130-150 for a 40mph corner, the brake fluid boils up and the lever pushes way out away from the bar. I have been looking for 14 calipers but they are always so expensive.
Hmph... I never tried the stock system on the track as I replaced with a 19x18 Brembo and Stainless lines and haven't had a problem except with a slight bit of fade at the end of the day where the average temp was 99 F. I was going to try and get new pads before I do anything else.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I aint gonna trust nobody from KC thats f'sheeze...:screwy: :1848:

no pics to even back this up...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have stainless lines and galfer green pads and when I go to the track I have issues w/ them getting spongy. I am going to look into the ZX-14 caliper fix

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Hmph... I never tried the stock system on the track as I replaced with a 19x18 Brembo and Stainless lines and haven't had a problem except with a slight bit of fade at the end of the day where the average temp was 99 F. I was going to try and get new pads before I do anything else.
Try Vesrah RJL's

BD

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whatever HILL billy.

I'll get you some pics then foos.

If your stock brakes don't have a shitty feel, then you don't know what a good lever feels like. As well, if you don't get brake fade, then you're not riding hard enough. I'm on my 5th set of these Tokico brakes and THEY SUCK. The Nissin's are THE fix.:fu2:

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there something wrong with the 06-07 10R calipers I missed?
Do a search. There have been many threads since 04' about the shitty brakes on the Kawi's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Once again, my 06 has had no issues. It has seen the track with stock lines and master with no issues. The only thing I had done was SBS Race Sintered pads. And no matter what pace you are turning at Road America (I was in the 2'40" range), brakes get a work out.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Once again, my 06 has had no issues. It has seen the track with stock lines and master with no issues. The only thing I had done was SBS Race Sintered pads. And no matter what pace you are turning at Road America (I was in the 2'40" range), brakes get a work out.
well you do have the OEM radial which is a plus and now the pads but with a good bleed on any bike is a +

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I'll say the stock set up sucks on both 04 and 06 10r's. I've melted the pads on both at the track. I did run an gsxr 06 m/c on my 04 10r for a w/e....:badteeth: Really helped the feel...but not so much fade/stopping power.

Great write up TA! :ayyy:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
For sure I found with the stock m/c on the 04/05 that they sucked period at Road America or any track for that matter. The brembo mc is the way to go lemme tell yah. Oh and I ran 2:29's last year and me thinks would be running 26's if I would be racing there this year.:sad:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i have a full 05 636 brake system on my 05 10 and it rocks. its all stock, calipers/lines/pads/master. all i did was change it to dot5 fluid. at the track i was able to really trust my brakes for the first time.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts