Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
What pisses me off is in neck of the woods, we have roads that are just as tight and twisty. Yet our country roads (most likely just like the ones in the videos) are posted at 55MPH!!! Roads that tight, you can have a HOOT doing the friggin speed limit! You just gotta resist the urge to pull the trigger out of the turns. Either way, you look like a bad guy, and "scare folks" because your knee is hovering over the ground :rolleyes:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Wow talk about putting a bad name on sportbikers..... That video made us look like reckless a**holes....

·
Registered
746 Posts
GREAT POST!!! This is a good lesson on public perception. We really do piss people off when we pull stunts like this. This is also EXACTLY why I preach riding "The Pace" by Nick Ienatsch!!! This is the STREET dagnabbit! The problem is the fuggs that do this just don't get it.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Get used to it. Where a favorite target of the media. We have been since just after WWII. I don't think things will be changing anytime soon (as in the publics view of us). Even outlets that are on our side (Superbikes the show) aren't helping much these days.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah we have roads like that in norther Ky. And I really have cut back on my street riding because of the guys who think they are fast and blast down the straights and park in the turns. Passin on the double yellow and all the accidents in the past few years make me want to not ride on the street, take it to the track.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
zx-7rking said:
. . .guys who think they are fast and blast down the straights and park in the turns. . . .
Fortunately for me, with my tiny website I got, I've gathered up enough "level headed" riders that I now ride with on a regular basis. We all know each others habits, and limitations. That's obviously a HUGE benefit on the road. Good thing also is the fact that we only have one rider like this in the group, and he usually rides "clean up".

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I go slow on the straights and then when i get to the twisties i will go fast. When we are going down the road between the twisties we barely speed. Who cares if I am going around a turn with my knee on the ground. I keep the bike in my lane and I know what my limits are. Some people just like to bitch about things. What about all the Harley guys that go bar hopping? Why don't they get bitched at and broadcasted all over the news?

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Kickaho said:
Get used to it. Where a favorite target of the media. We have been since just after WWII. I don't think things will be changing anytime soon (as in the publics view of us). Even outlets that are on our side (Superbikes the show) aren't helping much these days.
:+1:

·
Registered
86 Posts
dangerous roads, they are fun but some of my friends passed away riding on these types of roads, i think that its just too much some times, that anything can go wrong. i now ride at the track, and i dont have to worry about the deer, a$$-holes,cops ect... I miss riding the street all the time but at least i know my own limits are now on the race track! I am now an addict ha......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ya kinda sux. But you gotta use your head! Crossing double yellow in blind curves very stupid but running fast the handle like a dream!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
:+1: Great post. In Vegas we are dealing with the same kind of issue. Thier are a lot of riders that throw a leg over a bike and have no idea how to ride or judge speed a recipe for disaster:sad: . Two things that would help a lot of us in these situations 1 being provide MORE TRACKDAYS at cheaper prices and MORE OFTEN. Most people that ride on the track would rather ride on the track than the street. It was said earlier its just safer. The other is mandate that motorcycle riders take a 2 day saftey course and fine those who are caught with out licenses. I run into more people without licenses and you can tell when someone rides up o a local hangout and is wearing swimming trunks flip-flops and no shirt. You mean to tell me that the guy I was speaking of has a LICENSE?:bs: I see these type of riders all the time and I don't like being around them for that very reason. "They don't value there lives or others". :headshake . Remember ON THE STREET THIER IS NO TROPHY or FINISH LINE save a life and make the smart choice don't be stupid. Thats my .02

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love the news crew bitching about getting passed and tailgated, but the damn car is doing like 25mph, of course people are going to pass. The lady that said the guy craked his skull and died, she was proubly talking on her cell phone and crossed over. I agree these bikes should be pushing it through there but someimes the cars are to blame, as well as the squids.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The other thing I think should be monitored is what size bike people are riding. A guy in our local group rode a Ninja 250 for 3 months and went out and bought an 03 R1....How smart is that? Who knows. But it is not the best route to take, IMYO!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:headshake :headshake Man..talk about pointing the finger. WE as Sportbikers can only control what WE do. Even if the car is going slow their are places to pass. And just because the car is going slow doesnt make it OK for you to pass on a double yellow going into a blind corner. Dont excuse the wrong done by sportbikers in the video. When you point the finger you have three pointing back at you.

Onebadcat said:
I love the news crew bitching about getting passed and tailgated, but the damn car is doing like 25mph, of course people are going to pass. The lady that said the guy craked his skull and died, she was proubly talking on her cell phone and crossed over. I agree these bikes should be pushing it through there but someimes the cars are to blame, as well as the squids.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts