Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suggestions on what brand of quick shifter to put into my 2012 Zx10r? Dynojet ; bazzaz? Looking to add that and a pc3 or pc5 what your thoughts on those as well

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Well, if you're hell bent on installing a PCV (PCIII is obsolete and not available), then you should probably just add a Dynojet QS with the system. Frankly, you should skip the piggyback tuners, by a Woolich flash kit and install a stand-alone Bazzaz QS4. I prefer ignition kill to the fuel cut for the QS operation myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking that too. I'm not hell bend on a pc just thinking about it. I already have my ecu reflashed by kawa racing

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
with the woolich you can kill the ignition or the fuel or both....

sky why do you prefer the ignition only..??

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
with the woolich you can kill the ignition or the fuel or both....

sky why do you prefer the ignition only..??
Yeah, I forgot about the Race Tools kit from Woolich. I run the QS4 with my flash since I reused it from my Gen 3 before it was available from Woolich.

I prefer the ignition kill because it's more immediate. It's almost instantaneous versus shutting off an injector and waiting for the A/F mix to get into the chambers. Granted, it's a small difference, but it's just easier. Hooking up and controlling 4 coil wires is simpler than 8 injectors. Unless you're using nitrous or something, the ignition kill is easier and quicker.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Woolich QS hands down.

Having used Bazzaz, Annitori, Dynojet and the Woolich setup, I stack them up like this, top to bottom.

Woolich

Bazzaz

Dynojet

Annitori

Reasonings, from worst to best.

Annitori - No real settings to be had (at least on the RL v2 I had) and had a lot of false neutrals with it. Only kills spark.

Dynojet - No real adjustments outside of being able to having an individual kill time per gear. Only will kill fuel or spark.

Bazzaz - Very smooth, but again, lack of adjustments. QS sensor has also been suspect in the past (not sure about now). Only kills spark.

Woolich - So many options for settings, down to sensor sensitivity. Kill time adjustments for RPM, TPS and gear. Kills fuel and spark. Much more robust sensor than the others. Also, comes with Launch Control :)

But I'm sure you're not biased at all.:lol:

Agree with everything you posted.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Jlefevre1122, the guy who posted right above me is who you need to contact for the best price on the best setup you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well, if you're hell bent on installing a PCV (PCIII is obsolete and not available), then you should probably just add a Dynojet QS with the system. Frankly, you should skip the piggyback tuners, by a Woolich flash kit and install a stand-alone Bazzaz QS4. I prefer ignition kill to the fuel cut for the QS operation myself.
I did a lot of back to back testing with the Woolich Race Tools.

I found FUEL CUT only more preferable than just Ignition Cut and better than both Ignition and Fuel cut.

At least for me Fuel Cut works better than Ignition Cut. Not sure why but I could tell a noticeable difference between the 3 options.

Could be different from make to model. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
have not tested the woolich diferent tipes since I use the fuel and ign cut and have never found the need to test.

but I have used anitory, bazzaz, healtech...in several diferent bikes

I have the same opinion than Anthony..

woolich
bazzaz
dynojet

then the rest

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
I did a lot of back to back testing with the Woolich Race Tools.

I found FUEL CUT only more preferable than just Ignition Cut and better than both Ignition and Fuel cut.

At least for me Fuel Cut works better than Ignition Cut. Not sure why but I could tell a noticeable difference between the 3 options.

Could be different from make to model. :dontknow:
HOW DARE YOU disagree with my assessment! That's an infraction for you sir. If you disagree with me more than 25 more times, I shall ban you from expressing your opinion on this site and contradicting me. So shall be written, so shall be done. :badteeth:

Different strokes for different folks. The beauty that you and Archer have stated is that the Woolich gives you the option of either. Dynojet and Bazzaz don't. That's some flexibility. :notworthy:

Reactions: mpp12

·
Registered
54 Posts
I recently installed the Woolich log box pro on my gen 4. Next purchase will be the race tools kit with quickshifter. Feels weird not having one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts