Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i see several team in 1000 STK championship who run OEM ecu with internal mods to transform then into race ecu.

Do you know what is the internal différences between the OEM ans the RACE version ?

Thanks! :eek:ccasion1

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
The Race ECU is tunable through software. The OEM ECU is now capable of doing the same thing through flashing kits. There is nothing internal that would differentiate the ECUs if it's possible to modify the software in them to tune the bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i Know about the flash of the OEM, but I think the internal parts are different because i've tried to flash OEM into race but it doesn't work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I'm french so excuse me for my poor english ..

In france , our oem ecu is is not capacble to do the same thing than the race kit ecu .
We have some options by flashing them, but not all option like race kti ecu .
For have all option, we need to do some internals mods .

And if someone know these mods, I'm interesting ..

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Yeah, you can't take a Race ECU map and flash it to an OEM ECU. The internal software is different. But you can take the Timing and Fuel map values from a Race ECU and flash them into an OEM one.

What more are you looking for in terms of having a Race ECU? The purpose is to be able to tune and tweak the software to adjust the values. But no, you won't be able to reflash them to change the traction control settings, or have the pit-lane speed limiter. And it doesn't support quickshifter functions either. But there is no way to take a OEM ECU and turn it into a Race ECU. The internals are completely different. The important features for tuning though are available with the reflash. Especially when the cost of the Race ECU and harness are well over $1000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And the Woohlich software is "flashing " the oem ecu, but we have not all option, like change the final ratio to a good Function control of the traction control.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Adjustable engine braking, pit lane limiter, quick shifter, launch control and the ability to tune in the pits for a particular track would be lost. This for many racers and teams the additional cost of a race ecu is worthwhile.

If there was a option to flash the race ecu software into the stock ecu hardware I would be interested to hear about it. Without the harness however you would still lose the ability to tune and have a qs.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes it is possible, been onto this for a little while...
Hello Joel,
I'm sorry for the late, I've been very busy.
The final result of the race kit conversion is exactly the same than the genuine race kit ecu sold by kawasaki.*
We can do race kit conversion also for Yoshimura, YEC, HRC and BMW HP ecus.
You can install the converted ecu on the stock wire-harness just applying some modifications. Detailed mounting instructions are supplied with the converted ecu.
All functions and performance of the race ecu will be the same than the genuine race kit ecu.
USB cable and program are availabe, however you can use the genuine kawasaki USB cable and software too.

The race kit conversion consist in both hardware and software tuning, so you'd need to send us the ecu to be tuned.
All the process takes around one or two weeks for foreing shippings. Where are you writing from?
Price for ecu conversion is 450€.
Usb cable's price is 150€. Cd with software, drivers, manuals, etc. costs 20€.
VAT has to be added if you need invoice.

Here is a list of the adjustable functions available with the race kit ecu:*

3 injección maps (F M L)

3 ignition maps*

3 acceleration compensation maps

3 sub throttle maps

3 engine brake maps for each gear
3 modes of traction control (dry, wet, mixed) each one adjustable from -5 to +5

Max rev limiter for each gear (-1000 a +1300).

Pit-limiter

Quick-shifter cut time
Quick-shifter cut time delay

Shift lamp value

Comp map for top main injection ratio (common to 3 maps F M L)

Fuel-cut on release enabling/disabling

All area compensation map

Launch control

Gear ratio values
Final gear ratio

Electronic oem steering dumper, fan, lambda sensor, side stand-sensor, air induction system valve, immobilizer antenna and exhaust valve won't bother anymore and can be eliminated. Instead of the genuine race kit ecu, with the converted ecu the Abs can be kept or eliminated, with no errors codes on the dash.
The base map which the race kit ECU comes with has been developed for track use and race. It deliverys all the power of the engine, with no restrictions. All street restrictions will be completely eliminated. The power increase is great even before mapping on a dyno with very goof sensations for the rider.*
All engine maps can be fully customizable, power modes can be set arbitrarily, engine max revs can be increased from -1000 to +1300 for each individual gear.
Race kit traction control (TC) has been developed for track use, and instead of the stock TC, it is fully adjustable.*
There are 3 TC settings and 3 levels available for each TC setting, one for dry or expert (level 1), one for wet (level 3) and one for mixed conditions (level 2). Each level's sensitivity is adjustable from -5 to +5. Each TC setting (1, 2, 3) is customizable both for level (1 dry, 2 mixed, 3 wet), both for its sensitivity (-5 +5).
If you want, f.i., you could set TC setting 1 and setting 2 both with the dry mode (level 1) with sensitivity at -5 for setting 1 and -3 for setting 2. For TC setting 3, you could choose wet mode (level 3) with sensitivity at +4, for example.
Anyway, below is a pic from the manual and a little text extract:

Arbitrarily setting is possible to S-KTRC mode indicator (1/ 2/ 3) displayed on the meter.
*In switching the traction control (S-KTRC) it is necessary to close the throttle
completely on the standard ECU. However, there is no limitation of the throttle
opening on the racing ECU.*

Let me know please if you may need any more information.
Best ragards
Ivan Finiti

**www.ifitec.es

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another confirmation that an OEM ecu can be modified into Race ECU.

But no one know what is the internal difference in fact?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yeah, you can't take a Race ECU map and flash it to an OEM ECU. The internal software is different. But you can take the Timing and Fuel map values from a Race ECU and flash them into an OEM one.

What more are you looking for in terms of having a Race ECU? The purpose is to be able to tune and tweak the software to adjust the values. But no, you won't be able to reflash them to change the traction control settings, or have the pit-lane speed limiter. And it doesn't support quickshifter functions either. But there is no way to take a OEM ECU and turn it into a Race ECU. The internals are completely different. The important features for tuning though are available with the reflash. Especially when the cost of the Race ECU and harness are well over $1000.
$1200 with taxes to be exact

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The kit parts is more expensive and with the "zero map" you need to dyno the bike to turn correctly and adjust every settings.

I have several restricted ECU at 78kw, if i can transform them into race ECU...:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
The kit parts is more expensive and with the "zero map" you need to dyno the bike to turn correctly and adjust every settings.

I have several restricted ECU at 78kw, if i can transform them into race ECU...:eek:ccasion1
Meh, my base map worked pretty good and the afr was ok until high rpm where it was a bit rich. The on/off throttle is a little abrupt and the TC had to be dialed back but as far as having to adjust every setting that isn't true.

If I were to build a B bike I'd consider having the ecu altered but having a race harness and 50 less connectors floating around is worth the extra cash to me and I now have a spare ecu/harness just incase.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes it is possible, been onto this for a little while...
Hello Joel,
I'm sorry for the late, I've been very busy.
The final result of the race kit conversion is exactly the same than the genuine race kit ecu sold by kawasaki.*
We can do race kit conversion also for Yoshimura, YEC, HRC and BMW HP ecus.
You can install the converted ecu on the stock wire-harness just applying some modifications. Detailed mounting instructions are supplied with the converted ecu.
All functions and performance of the race ecu will be the same than the genuine race kit ecu.
USB cable and program are availabe, however you can use the genuine kawasaki USB cable and software too.

The race kit conversion consist in both hardware and software tuning, so you'd need to send us the ecu to be tuned.
All the process takes around one or two weeks for foreing shippings. Where are you writing from?
Price for ecu conversion is 450€.
Usb cable's price is 150€. Cd with software, drivers, manuals, etc. costs 20€.
VAT has to be added if you need invoice.

Here is a list of the adjustable functions available with the race kit ecu:*

3 injección maps (F M L)

3 ignition maps*

3 acceleration compensation maps

3 sub throttle maps

3 engine brake maps for each gear
3 modes of traction control (dry, wet, mixed) each one adjustable from -5 to +5

Max rev limiter for each gear (-1000 a +1300).

Pit-limiter

Quick-shifter cut time
Quick-shifter cut time delay

Shift lamp value

Comp map for top main injection ratio (common to 3 maps F M L)

Fuel-cut on release enabling/disabling

All area compensation map

Launch control

Gear ratio values
Final gear ratio

Electronic oem steering dumper, fan, lambda sensor, side stand-sensor, air induction system valve, immobilizer antenna and exhaust valve won't bother anymore and can be eliminated. Instead of the genuine race kit ecu, with the converted ecu the Abs can be kept or eliminated, with no errors codes on the dash.
The base map which the race kit ECU comes with has been developed for track use and race. It deliverys all the power of the engine, with no restrictions. All street restrictions will be completely eliminated. The power increase is great even before mapping on a dyno with very goof sensations for the rider.*
All engine maps can be fully customizable, power modes can be set arbitrarily, engine max revs can be increased from -1000 to +1300 for each individual gear.
Race kit traction control (TC) has been developed for track use, and instead of the stock TC, it is fully adjustable.*
There are 3 TC settings and 3 levels available for each TC setting, one for dry or expert (level 1), one for wet (level 3) and one for mixed conditions (level 2). Each level's sensitivity is adjustable from -5 to +5. Each TC setting (1, 2, 3) is customizable both for level (1 dry, 2 mixed, 3 wet), both for its sensitivity (-5 +5).
If you want, f.i., you could set TC setting 1 and setting 2 both with the dry mode (level 1) with sensitivity at -5 for setting 1 and -3 for setting 2. For TC setting 3, you could choose wet mode (level 3) with sensitivity at +4, for example.
Anyway, below is a pic from the manual and a little text extract:

Arbitrarily setting is possible to S-KTRC mode indicator (1/ 2/ 3) displayed on the meter.
*In switching the traction control (S-KTRC) it is necessary to close the throttle
completely on the standard ECU. However, there is no limitation of the throttle
opening on the racing ECU.*

Let me know please if you may need any more information.
Best ragards
Ivan Finiti

**www.ifitec.es
Does any one in the US or Canada have this??? I would love to adjust the TC!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just send my bike for race ECU setting adjust to à french superstock Team. i'll give them an oem ECU to turn it into à kit ECU.

Retun in à couple of week!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts