Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please confirm what kind of modifications you have done when installing full race exhaust system ?

* exup cables removed ? How about the servo motor ?
* any factory modification kit for removing the air circulation from the exhaust system and engine head ??? What you have done ???

thanks....

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
lespaul66 said:
Please confirm what kind of modifications you have done when installing full race exhaust system ?

* exup cables removed ? How about the servo motor ?
* any factory modification kit for removing the air circulation from the exhaust system and engine head ??? What you have done ???

thanks....
yes. yes. and yes. most, if not all, full systems require removal of the cables and the servo itself and the KLEEN system can be taken care of with products from here. http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/other.htm

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks

Ivans kit looks professional but I am still a little bit worried - there is a screw thread tool in a kit...I suppose it is meant for engine head air duct openings...But but and but !!!

How you can be sure that aluminium chips are not going to wrong direction and to engine cylinder !!! Seems to be a little bit risky way to block the holes (make threats to holes and then instal the plug bolts)...

How many of you have just plugged the original hoses in this case ??? And how mony of you have let the servo motor in its place and just removed the wires - no error code if the servo motor is there ???

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
lespaul, I think you were looking at the wrong kit. The one for the 10R doesn't invlove tapping any holes. The 10R kit consists of the two block-off plates, 4 bolts, and a cap to plug the place on the airbox where the KLEEN system's hose hooked to it. It's and easy mod except getting to the front bolts for the plates is a bit of a pain.
You can leave the servo motor in the bike, no big deal. Just unhook the cables from the motor. As long as the motor is connected to the ecu, you won't get any codes.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

phastone...thanks for your information...indeed zx10r needs only those block plates...and because the servo motor is so small and light, I will keep it...just going to take the cables off...

thanks once more...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Take it off and find out how "light" it really isn't. For the size, its pretty heavy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
when putting on a full exhaust, is it actually necassary to do the KLEEN mod? is it a problem if i don't? what are the benefits?

i just intended to disconnect the servo, replace headers + can, add PCIIIr and a DNA and 'bobs your uncle' = done.

many thanks, ian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts