Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked some Mobile 1 4t synthetic at advance auto parts and changed oil. At 8 bucks a quart seems pretty good. Anybody else use this oil? My local moto shop did not have any synthetic and I wantd to switch this time so this is all I could find. It is JASO rated and it is Mobile. We'll see. Peace :cool:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Try Shell Rotella T Synthetic, it's $16 a gallon and beats almost every oil made. I use it in every engine I own and it works flawlessly. I also get the oil analyzed afetr every change and I have proof that the oil kicks ass. My buddy has a '98 Honda VFR with >110K miles on it. Since he started running Rotella T Synth his engine has shown 0 wear in his oil. Try it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Try Shell Rotella T Synthetic, it's $16 a gallon and beats almost every oil made. I use it in every engine I own and it works flawlessly. I also get the oil analyzed afetr every change and I have proof that the oil kicks ass. My buddy has a '98 Honda VFR with >110K miles on it. Since he started running Rotella T Synth his engine has shown 0 wear in his oil. Try it, you'll like it.
:+1: just changed it again with it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I used it this last change. I dont know if they changed the oil or just the label but it used to be mx4t now its just 4t.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are all the Shell Rotella oils synthetic. I just bought some 15W-40 but it doesn't say anything about being synthetic. Just wondering.

·
Registered
203 Posts
where do you get the rotella

Where do you get the rotella?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
all the shell rotella t i found at wally world was the heavy duty stuff for trucks and farm equip. they had 15w and 5w. is that what where talking about?

·
Registered
572 Posts
all the shell rotella t i found at wally world was the heavy duty stuff for trucks and farm equip. they had 15w and 5w. is that what where talking about?

I believe the 15w40 rotella is regular oil in white jug, the synthetic rotella T is the 5w40, blue jug

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
yea, the dark blue bottle is 5w/40 full synthetic. If you bought the white bottle it's 15/40 non-synthetic mainly for use in diesels...

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
so even though its advertised for "heavy duty" that was the right shit i was looking at? i didnt pick it up yet

1 - 20 of 34 Posts