Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
You'll get as many opinions as there are people reading this ... but personally, I don't subscribe to Amsoil's "meets or exceeds" without actually submitting the product to third party certification, so of those two, I'd use Mobil 1 MX4T. What do I actually use in the bikes? Elf synthetic 10w50 ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Amsoil

Actually Amsoil has been third party tested many times, and the conclusion is the same, one of the best synthetic oils money can buy. Just check a VOA on Amsoil and you will see compared to others. Mobil1 is great too, and would be my second pick if Amsoil was not easy for me to get. Some of the synthetic oils are crap and so are some of the motorcycle specific dyno oils. I choose Amsoil first because of product performance, second because they will stand behind there product if there is a problem...you can actually talk to a real person for questions if needed...try that with one of the big boys.

Both are great and really down to your choice and accessibility.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Both good oils, the Mobil 1 has some moly and the Amsoil don't. Oil containing some moly seem to make a little more horsepower. I use the Mobil 1 MX4T.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
...my knee jerk response (although I have no concrete data to prove it) is that Amsoil might be just a touch better oil, whereas MX4T is much easier to get ahold of, and much cheaper/Qt as well... As others have alluded to, you can't really go wrong with either one...

D

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
AMSOIL!!!

if you order a case at a time you'll have no worries. let me know i can pass on your info to who i order it from, you get it usually less then 48hrs after you order it and at cost. i use in it the bike and both cars

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well what about heat being im doing a 3mm kit my cyclnder walls are going to be a bit thinnner so im sure i need an oil with the most heat protection should i go with a 50 w oil ??? or stick with the amsoil or mobil 1

·
Registered
339 Posts
well i used other oils such as mobil 1, bel rayand so on .When i tried amsoil my bike shifted smoother. so i tried it in my trucks and car. now i use amsoil in all my stuff. just give it a try you will see for yourself.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
BMW528I said:
is it good?
From earlier posts, I presume that you are asking about Elf. The specific one that I use is Elf Moto 4XT Tech Synthetic 10w50. It meets API SG and, more importantly, JASO MA. Elf is a huge oil company based in France. If you watch Formula 1 or pretty much any racing from Europe, you will have seen their sponsorship stickers!

As far as being "good", it is as good as anything else out there. I use it because I can get it at a decent price, slightly less than Mobil 1 MX4T which meets the same standards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts